AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a ps3 40 gb w/ nfs street project game and extra controller. my question is, with the rumored price drop, should i open it. she got it from BB. so the match price would work for 30 days. if i do, what about the extra controller and game? w/ dualshock 3 so close and poor reviews on nfs i was thinking of taking them back for sure. opinions??

·
Registered
209 Posts
Take the game back and get something better.

Keep the system, there will be no price drop on PS3 for a while, or until the holiday season comes around again.

Speng.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Concur with above sentiments. I wouldn't return it, there's ZERO evidence of a price drop on 40GB model.

I would return that NFS though. Many don't like it, but I sorta like NFS Carbon.

Won't hurt to have 2 black sixaxis controllers, then when dualshock3 comes out, jump for two in white (that's my plan at least).

PLUS...she will smile to see you enjoy your machine.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would trade the NFS for COD4, if you're into First Person Shooters. Hands down, one of the best games around. The online experience is amazing.

A bit of caution though, you'll be addicted and you're wife will probably regret getting you that PS3!

JSLM

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would say it's not worth investing (keeping) in an extra sixaxis controller. It's $50+ dollars better spent elsewhere. For about $10-12 more you can import a Dual Shock3 (try play asia w/ a coupon). You'll have to hold off for a week or two on 2- players stuff until it arrives, but with a lot of games now supporting rumble or patched to do so, you're not getting the full experience on those games and the sixaxis is essentially obsolete... Unless you absolutely hate rumble.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
If you want a racing game I recommend Burnout Paradise or Motorstorm. As for the Sixaxis, keep it in a box and see how you like the pack-in. I prefer the lightness of Sixaxis to rumble. My girlfriend gave me a PS3 + Sixaxis, and I realized I don't even want rumble so I kept the controller.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing /forum/post/12992029

If you want a racing game I recommend Burnout Paradise or Motorstorm.

+1

motorstorm and burnout are the top 2 ps3 racing games by a mile.

by the way, your wife is awesome for getting you a ps3!

·
Registered
16,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing /forum/post/12992029

If you want a racing game I recommend Burnout Paradise or Motorstorm. As for the Sixaxis, keep it in a box and see how you like the pack-in. I prefer the lightness of Sixaxis to rumble. My girlfriend gave me a PS3 + Sixaxis, and I realized I don't even want rumble so I kept the controller.

+1 for Burnout Paradise. Awesome game. As for Motorstorm, I personaly did not care for it at all. Burnout destroys motorstorm.

·
Registered
425 Posts
There is no legitimate rumor of a price drop right now. Otherwise, there would conceivably be a new price drop rumor every month. Anything that has mentioned a new price drop recently has been spotty at best.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCR3 /forum/post/12991746

a ps3 40 gb w/ nfs street project game and extra controller. my question is, with the rumored price drop, should i open it. she got it from BB. so the match price would work for 30 days. if i do, what about the extra controller and game? w/ dualshock 3 so close and poor reviews on nfs i was thinking of taking them back for sure. opinions??

I'm repeating the sentiments here, but keep the 40gig. There's been no (substantial) rumors of a price drop anytime soon. I wouldn't expect one until summer or fall.

More likely is that Sony would release a new sku at a cheaper price since this seems to be the going strategy this generation (that way consumers can't do price matches and they don't feel "cheated" by sudden drops in a console they just purchased at a higher price).

As for NFS ProStreet, take it back. It sucks. There are many better racing games out there. DiRT and Burnout Paradise are both fantastic. Even Motorstorm (which I don't really like) is better than the new NFS game.

If you really want rumble, take the second sixaxis back and buy a DS3 when they come out in a couple of months. But I'm with one of the other posters here, though; I don't want rumble. I like the light, comfortable feel of the sixaxis. Whenever I pick up my 360 controller, it just feels too heavy and clunky in contrast.

Also, that rumble just pisses me off these days. In best case scenarios I don't notice it; at worst, I have to put the controller down. It's like someone incessantly tapping me on the shoulder while I'm playing. Stop it! It was cool when it was a new feature on the N64, but now it's just outdated and annoying.

·
Registered
572 Posts
+2 on sending back the NFS and getting Burnout. If you like the NFS style games, spend $20 on yourself and get NFS Carbon instead, that way you have burnout and a NFS

·
Registered
176 Posts
Exchange the game for Burnout Paradise if you want to stick with the Racer genre, or get Uncharted if you want the best of the best, no matter the genre.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks guys! i couldn`t stand it. i ripped that bad boy open like a hungry fat girls candy bar. hook up was a breeze. i`m so loving the wireless thing. i`m keeping the controller and the game will be going back. i have to get a racing game (sorta) because thats the only type of game she likes to play with me. (thats why she got nfs and an extra controller). burnout or dirt today drake and cod4 tomorrow.
my son just got a used ps2!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts