AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what will we call this episode in the life of the ReplayTV Personal/Digital Video/Vanuatu Recorder when the auction is over tomorrow?

a leap in time-shifting

the final judgement

true white knight rescue

doomsday

resurrection

ReplayTV series finale

we're so screwed: day 1

anyway, i'd like to know where to expect to get the news as soon as its out. what time is the auction on? is it private or public? didn't someone say part of it would be on CNBC or something?

whoever buys it (if anyone) probably won't spill the beans on their plans for another month or two, but i'd still like to find out the odds on whether we'll see a service blackout in may or sooner :eek: *cringes at the thought*. i guess i'll keep an eye on the forum and watch the flood of identical thread subjects.

·
Registered
109 Posts
hard to say.. i figure i'll check google news every hour or so to see if anything has been updated...

Oh, and you forgot:

Hot to Katrazi

Tom

·
Registered
91 Posts
Me too, since I'm still haven't cut out my UPC and mailed in my rebate (due by April 16, 2003) so I can return the unit if news is grim.

·
Registered
146 Posts
But that's par for the course!

As I read over the PDF court link, it said "motion for order AUTHORIZING [sale]...".

Sounds to me like this is just getting approval for the auction, not the auction itself. Am I wrong? I know zippo about legal matters.

But if I interpret it correctly, the auction itself could still be months away.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I don't know if news is going to come through the Google search that fast. Newest thing it showed me was a week old.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I thought I'd just point out that the sale is "Free and Clear of all Liens, Claims and Encumbrances" which would mean even to us non-lawyer types ... No one including Lifetime subscribers have a claim on the new owner. Let's see if the new owners will honor the lifetime subscriptions or at least offer a discount for continued service.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
And that is why we are all sitting here on pins & needles. We know the new owner 'if there is one' does not have to honor anything. This is not news here.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TracyInCary
Sounds to me like this is just getting approval for the auction, not the auction itself. Am I wrong? I know zippo about legal matters.
The court will approve the terms of a sale today (assuming someone shows up and bids). I would imagine that the sale will probably not actually close for a few weeks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If I see past news correctly, the GoVideo part was sent to auction April 4 but the results were not posted to several sites until April 7. If that process is the same for the ReplayTV line we may not know for a few days. I could not stand that long of a wait.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by beethoven
Oh, and here's the website for the court:
http://www.canb.uscourts.gov/

The judge is Marilyn Morgan.
Looks like it could take a while for any verdict to hit the court's website. Judge Morgan's most recent posted decision was handed down on February 24th.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.