AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done business with this store yet. I would like comments on things like.

Speed of shipment

General Customer Service

Product support for English translations and use

Any other review information would also be great.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I just find it interesting that you can put the name without getting ********. It is possible that Alan is affiliated with them. I think it would be a positive if he were, since his US business is great to work with, but I'm not sure. Alan, can you give us any info?

--Darin

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Their pixel policies don't appear to be as good as our favorite Japanese site or am I misreading it? They do not explicitly offer it on a selected number of projectors as the other site does.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by blitzkreig
sure Alan is affiliated... they are a SPONSOR... DOH!
Obviously. That isn't what I meant.. DOH!

--Darin

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
PJ used to be a sponsor too and had their logo at the top. Now they appear as a cuss word...blanked out at the mere mention.

Regards,

Nigel

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
As a silent protest I think we should all continue to support our favorite Japanese site (i.e. PJ).

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Well I have no clue why PJ would be verbotten but some other Japanese reseller is okay.

Of course just discussing this is probably verbotten. If you lock this thread at least PM me what the heck happened.

Nigel

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, not that I have helped matters, but boy has this thread gotten off topic.

Maybe no one has used TD before.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by scottatl
Maybe no one has used TD before.
I had never heard of them until recently. I don't see anything on their site about how long they have been in business as TD, so they may just be new. Their site says they are an actual dealer and maintain many of the values that come from Air Force core values. They give free shipping to all active duty military people, regardless of where they are stationed.

--Darin

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bgl90042
the unmentionable japanese site in question repeatedly broke the rules of this forum and consequently got banned.
Where did you hear this? I know a lot of people have been banned, but my memory is that they stopped sponsoring and posted that they were very happy with AVSForum, but didn't really want to expand the business (I understand that they also have other jobs). Their disappearance didn't look anything like they were slapped to me, just normal business. Other people may have been mentioning them too much and turning it into more of an advertising thing, but it didn't look like they were doing it to me. I'm not on the inside, so of course I can't totally dispute your comments.

--Darin

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
>>Where did you hear this?

A quote from the moderators: "PJ has flaunted and abused the rules and policies of AVS, and Alan Gouger has decreed that this company and any mention of it are no longer welcome on the board."

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
It is a pitty though (and hard to believe), since everyone that has dealt with PJ (including me) has only got the highest regard for their service. They are simply excellent.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nigel_ht
PJ used to be a sponsor too and had their logo at the top. Now they appear as a cuss word...blanked out at the mere mention.

Regards,

Nigel
It's even blanked out in PM's. Alternating asterisks with characters or alternate symbols corrects this, see:
http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/i...ntsHandout.pdf

ie þî€ or rî©€ My 2¢ (or ¥2) :D

***Please note, it is not my intent to break forum rules, this information is just for educational purposes or private messages only.If inappropriate, please feel free to censor***

·
Registered
761 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Xander
>>Where did you hear this?...A quote from the moderators: "PJ has flaunted and abused the rules and policies of AVS, and Alan Gouger has decreed that this company and any mention of it are no longer welcome on the board."
OK... sure... teehee. I just hope that the new TD folks can live up to the standards that had been set by our old friend. Just remember to book mark the TD site incase he too stops paying his dues...

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
TD has info on their page saying they have been around for awhile. It is semi-humorous that one importer drops out and another comes in. By flaunting the rules, I'm really not sure what they mean? Did they solicit people to buy?

I went to them (PJ) because of great stories of custom service and low prices. I know Kwon and Kaneda posted on here, but I never saw anything besides responding to people. I then did business with them three times and am quite pleased.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Quote:
I went to them (PJ) because of great stories of custom service and low prices. I know Kwon and Kaneda posted on here, but I never saw anything besides responding to people. I then did business with them three times and am quite pleased.
I cannot agree more and avforums is also full of good stories about PJ's service. They've earned their reputation and we should continue to support them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.