AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4051 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found another streaming HD media player that supports H.264- the Tomacro limHD200i (also see the limHD200i product page on Tomacro's main site). The feature set they've posted looks pretty good and the design is certainly attractive. Could be good competition for the Tvix 4100SH/5100SH for those not interested in DVR capability. Does anyone know more about this product?

Storage: IDE 3.5" HDD (PATA?)

File System: NTFS / FAT32

I/O ports:
  • USB 2.0 Host x 2 (Can be used for connecting external USB HDDs, thumbdisks, etc.)
  • USB 2.0 Device (Can be used for connecting PC)
  • 10/100Mbit LAN
A/V ports:
  • HDMI (with embedded audio)
  • VGA / YPbPr / RGB
  • S-video port
  • Composite Video
  • Stereo Output (Audio R/L)
  • Coaxial SPDIF
  • Optical SPDIF
Media formats:
  • Video: MPEG1/2/4 .mpg, .tp, .ts, .wmv, VC-1, DivX, XviD, DVD ISO/VOB, H.264
  • Audio: MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, OGG
  • Image: JPG, BMP
Supported output resolutions:
  • NTSC (480i / 480p)
  • PAL (576i / 576p)
  • HDTV (720p / 1080i / 1080p)
  • Plasma resolutions (1366x768, 1280x768)
  • PC standards VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA

·
Registered
15 Posts
God.

I have bought exactly the same product just from the Tomacro company, as I am also in Shenzhen, China (probablely the place of origin for this products) I get it conveniently. I have the manual, but I cannot help you because it is Chinese. LOL.

I am trying to get famliar with such a cute.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi moonring, any comments on the user interface of this box (the usual weak spot for this type of product)?

I've found a wholesaler in China for these and should be getting a PDF of the English manual later this week (will post here when I have it). From the prices I was quoted, these could be sold in the U.S. for about the same as the Tvix 4100SH.

·
Registered
537 Posts
this is the best device right now because it must have the newer sigma chip 8634 in not the old 8623 which comes into the tvix 4100/5100 or the other devices wghich will be released soon.

It is the only player which supports VC1 and MKV!!!!! a

greatz cHarOn

·
Registered
535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHarOn99 /forum/post/0

this is the best device right now because it must have the newer sigma chip 8634 in not the old 8623 which comes into the tvix 4100/5100 or the other devices wghich will be released soon.

It is the only player which supports VC1 and MKV!!!!! a

greatz cHarOn

How do we know it can do .mkv's. I didn't see that anywhere.

·
Registered
535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpainless68 /forum/post/0

Hello

I have just ordered one off Ebay (UK)...so once I get it I will report back with a little review.

K

Please post screens of the user interface

·
Registered
537 Posts
i think it is the normal curracao like all sigma devices have, but pictures would be nice ;-)

look on the page there is an description what this player can play and as i know it has the 8634 sigma in then it is nativ supported by sigma VC1 and MKv

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Ok, will do. But to be honest, I'm not expecting the on-screen GUI to be great...I'm more interested in what the machine can play and how good the video and audio is. This will replace my xbox360 for video streaming. Can't wait to see my 1080p MKV movies on my projector!!!

K

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Guys, MKV is a container, not a video or audio codec. Probably you mean "h264", also called "Mpeg4 AVC" or "Mpeg4 Part 10" or simply "AVC". MKV as a container can hold any video or audio codec you like.

·
Registered
537 Posts
yes mkv is an container and the sigma 8623 based devices (Tvix 5100,4100 Iamm NTD37HD, .......) cant handle mkv containers because they dont have enough power!!! also the 8623 can only play h264 with 1080i and not 1080p also with 8623 you have problems with h264 in higher bitrates!!!!

So this device is the only device which have enough power to handle mkv and vc1!!! in 1080p!!!

Quote:
he limHD200i features a HDMI(High-Definition Multimedia Interface) connection, HDMI offers a pure digital connection for both audio and video. The limHD200i supports your favorite video formats, MPEG2 HD - .tp, .ts, WMV9/WMV-HD/VC-1, H.264 - .mkv/.mov, MPEG1/2/4, DVD - .ISO /.VOB, etc., you can enjoy videos with resolutions of up to 1080p from your high-definition television for the best picture quality.

greats cHarOn

·
Registered
8,219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHarOn99 /forum/post/0

yes mkv is an container and the sigma 8623 based devices (Tvix 5100,4100 Iamm NTD37HD, .......) cant handle mkv containers because they dont have enough power!!!

I know that Tvix reportedly said that the 8623 doesn't have enough power to do MKV, but honestly I don't believe that. Anyway, even if you have a chip with more power, that still doesn't mean (at all!) that the media player will actually support MKV. It must be specifically implemented by the media player manufacturer.

Quote:

yes MKV is a container...bu, to my knowledge, most (all?) HD MKV's are h264 (x264)

I'm converting all my videos into MKV containers. I have MPEG2, XVID, DIVX, h264 and even VC-1 in my MKVs.

·
Registered
539 Posts

Quote:

Hello

I have just ordered one off Ebay (UK)...so once I get it I will report back with a little review.

K

Do you have a link?

Did a little search on ebay, nothing... (might be my search skills...
)

M.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Meenenator - It will not let me post the link on the board...just try limhd200i and tick search description......should come up with 2 for sale from Jackie...who I've just bought mine from.

Madshi.....Ok and thanks for the info....I did not know that MKV could also hold mpeg-2.......

·
Registered
539 Posts
It sure looks like a nice model, both to look at and reading the specs.

Very interesting.... as I have been awaiting the tvix 5500 as well.

Anywhere you could get this?

Any ideas about the support and FW updates. The tiny monsters usually needs some FW upgrades before everything works as they should.

How about NFS? Can't find anything about it.

Or is the Samba/SMB implementation good(fast) enough?

Very interesting indeed...

M.

1 - 20 of 4051 Posts