AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New to me. Lots of us have only had access to these channels for under 2 months.

The way they're promoting it, Showtime makes it seem as if it's new.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Dave, the movie is beautiful in HD. Enjoy.

PVR, almost every post in the AVS Forum (my guess 90%) has been posted before in the past. Lets just share enthusiasm with the members that have not had a chance to experience some of the older threads.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveFi
Just a heads up.

Yes, I know it got poor reviews, but hell, Angela Jolie in HD- hard to pass up. Should be fun.

Does Showtime ever show anything new?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Damn, what a ride!!!!!! Say what you want about the movie- that action kicks ass!!!! The HDTV picture was really good- not the best ever- but still really, really good. ( If this were a DVD it would rate 12 out of 10 on pic quality, maybe a 7 or 8 compared to other HD.) But the 5.1 soundtrack was just A+++ If there was ever a justification for the expense of my SVS subwoofer- this movie was it.... WOW...

Andrew B.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveFi
Heh- Go buy the Stargate UE DVD- that disc has one of the best mixes ever. DTS track rocks.
Back when I was into collecting DTS laserdiscs- back when they were pretty darn valuable- I remember a couple years ago paying an average of 50 bucks apiece for them, 90 for Jurrassic Park- I had the Stargate DTS version.

I still consider it to be about the most rocking thing I have ever heard. And yes, for whatever reason those old DTS mixes on Laserdisc really did sound a touch better than DVD's. Perhaps it was all in the mind, but I noticed it........

Andrew

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A little off topic, but the AC3/DTS mix on the UE edition is well worth it- it's only $10 at Deep Discount DVD. It was remixed for 6.1- I bet you the mix is even better than the Laserdisc- it's that good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.