AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new sealed copy of TRU the other day. I have a month old Xbox Slim with Kinect and all the latest updates. I noticed that about half the time (it seems to be random) the game will freeze to a blank screen right after you put the disc in. I have tried running it from the DVD and the HD with the same result. Sometimes it will work on the first try.

I have about 6 other games that work fine, so I do not think it is the Xbox.

When it freezes I can push the guide button and hear the guide noise, but nothing shows on the screen. If I eject the DVD it will go back to the dashboard. Usually the 2nd or 3rd time inserting the DVD the game will work.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

I am going to exchange the DVD today and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Teddy

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just grabbed a replacement game. Guess what? Same thing happened, so its not the disc. I think I see whats happening though. When i put the game in right after the dashboard comes up I hear the Kinect move down. When TR starts and freezes the Kinect never finishes going back up. At this point the game is frozen. If I eject the disc, the Xbox goes back to the dashboard and I hear the Kinect move back up. I am wondering if I wait till the Kinect fully does it thing to initialize maybe the game will not freeze.

Has anyone seen this with other games with a Kinect plugged in?

Teddy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.