AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
THAT one pisses me off !!!!! the dvd R1 sounds so lame compared to the incredible AC3 laserdisc, now we DTS versions on Corea and Italy ! insult to injury !

too bad it's not a Morgan Creek, the only way now Warner "dares" to release a DTS track...

there should be REAL interactivity between us and the studios but since we represent a tiny niche of the market in an ocean of Joe6packs "I WANT PAN AND SCAM!!!! and cooked down tracks with lots of EE" ........ pfffffffff

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was under the impression that you COULDN'T have both a 24/96 and ES DTS track.

Any comments?

D.Jay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually, correction, you can't have a DTS ES Discrete track and a 24/96 track, you could have a ES Matrix track.

I guess that's what has happened here.

D.Jay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Technically I'm sure you could have both a DTS ES Discrete 6.1 track and an additional DTS 24/96 track on the same DVD.

Seems unlikely they'd do this though, it would sure eat up a DVDs space allocation budget.

What I mean to say is that, as far as I'm aware, you can't have a single DTS track that is both DTS ES 6.1 discrete AND DTS 24/96.

It's either / or.

It's also fairly irrelevant given the total lack of 24/96 DTS soundtracks available in Englush ATM :)

D.Jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.