AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your typical receiver's tone adjustments, which frequencies are affected for bass? Around 100 Hz?

I have some built-in shelving filters in my monitors for room compensation, which can take off -4dB start at 100 Hz. I thought it'd be useful, but my rear speakers are different and don't have these filters, so I thought I'd just use the tone adjustments from my receiver, and set the bass to -4.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith /forum/post/15453012

In your typical receiver's tone adjustments, which frequencies are affected for bass? Around 100 Hz?

I have some built-in shelving filters in my monitors for room compensation, which can take off -4dB start at 100 Hz. I thought it'd be useful, but my rear speakers are different and don't have these filters, so I thought I'd just use the tone adjustments from my receiver, and set the bass to -4.

Unfortunately, I have found that different manufacturers use different center frequencies for the Tone adjustment. You have to consult your owner's manual for the receiver to get the specifics.

·
Registered
21,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith /forum/post/15453012

Around 100 Hz?

that's my understanding, though it obviously varies.

if you have an spl meter, you could play some pure sine waves at various frequencies, measure the spl, and have some idea of what is going on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts