AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 932 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Main features:
  • Supports Dolby Atmos, DolbyTrue HD & all the previous Dolby audio formats.
  • Supports DTS:X, DTS-Master & all the previous HD audio formats.
  • Support HDMI2.0 & HDCP2.2.
  • Supports 4K/60Hz,RGB 4:4:4, 18GHz full bandwidth video signal
  • Supports DolbyVision and HDR 10 video signal.
  • Supports stacked OSD menu operation display.
  • Supports 9.3.4 or 7.3.6 in total 16 channels Dolby Atmos decoding lineout output.
  • Built-in auto room correction by Tone Winner
  • Built-in Bluetooth audio receiver function.
  • Built-in audio player function, support files playing from TF card & USB disk,
  • Supports several lossless & compressed audio format files playing, such as FLAC,APE, WAV, MP3 & etc; support multi-layer folder management.
  • Supports smart phone App control to be added in the future.
  • Supports over 12 variations of speaker configuration from 2.0 channel to 7.3.6
  • 6 HDMI inputs, 2 HDMI outputs, 2 coaxial inputs, 2 optical inputs & 3 analogue audio inputs.
  • RS232 integrated controller, IR inputs and Trigger outputs.
  • Supports HDMI ARC, eARC and CEC.
  • Up to 1 second lip sync adjustment.
  • Each channel has 7 to 11 band EQ adjustment.
  • Latest ADI new dual core DSP.
  • Firmware support

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I was told by Aamir at Summit Hifi that I purchased the 2nd order of the AT-300 in the United States through his store. Without much fanfare, the unit is selling very well. AFAIK he is the only dealer in N America. Price is about half of the next lower price AV processor. Tonewinner is the OEM for several well-known brands; and, they also have a professional line of products. The AT-300 is new in name only as Tonewinner has been making pre/pro for many years.

The unit is 16-channel if you take into consideration that three of the channels are for subwoofers, however only one subwoofer channel has an xlr connection. I am using 7.1.4; 9.3.4 or 7.3.6 can be be the maximum channel settings.

Previously, I used a Pioneer Elite SC-95 receiver. Definitely an upgrade, as channel separation, musicality and room correction are distinctly better. Separates are the way to go. I have found one review stating the color of white has a purplish tinge. I am not able to duplicate this. White is crisp and more importantly, the color is white.

The price is very compelling. The internet influencer who did a review of the AT-300 compared this to the Marantz AV-7706. I can't agree or disagree, however he states that he believes the Marantz is better with music. Really? Objective or subjective. I am going to say the unit plays music well. As far as room correction, yes, pay 2x/3x/Xx for well-known software. They are better [?], but significantly so? Maybe/maybe not. As Tonewinner is the OEM for brands we know and admire, they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
785 Posts
When it says that it has “all previous Dolby formats,” does that mean it has DPL IIx and z? I’ve been sad to see DPLII disappear from new products as I use it quite a bit.

Reactions: Roger Dressler

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Their amplifiers appear to be re-badged Emotiva's. This kinda reminds me of a Emo UMC-700 with more channels...

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Main features:
  • Firmware support
That's a winner feature right there...

Actually it is supporting 14 channels of Atmos of decoding as there is no such thing as 3 subwoofer channels in Atmos.

Reactions: Russell Burrows

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Thanks @doinmybestatlast, I saw that video too, it was good. In fact so good I immediately went to the site to place an order after seeing the discounted price. Sadly it doesn't appear to have any network connectivity. My wifi router is across my house and everything in my entertainment center is already hard wired, so I canceled the sale. I think the other clone IOAXTV or something is the same, no ethernet. Weird

·
Registered
641 Posts
Think I might pick this up. Checks all my boxes. Will have to pick up more amps as I’ll be running 7.3.6 in my new room. No Ethernet port isn’t a big deal for me. As I have a AP on every level. I don’t really use any of the network stuff on any of my processors. All streaming of music will be through my new shield that does loss less.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks @doinmybestatlast, I saw that video too, it was good. In fact so good I immediately went to the site to place an order after seeing the discounted price. Sadly it doesn't appear to have any network connectivity. My wifi router is across my house and everything in my entertainment center is already hard wired, so I canceled the sale. I think the other clone IOAXTV or something is the same, no ethernet. Weird
Network connectivity is a nice feature. The money saved in purchasing the AT-300 can be put to use in buying a superior Streamer separate. The AT-300 uses a USB memory drive for the firmware update. How many times will the firmware be updated when the firmware becomes mature? Then there is no longer any need for the unit to be connected to the internet. I rather have a Streamer of quality than a processor which is all-in-one.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Network connectivity is a nice feature. The money saved in purchasing the AT-300 can be put to use in buying a superior Streamer separate. The AT-300 uses a USB memory drive for the firmware update. How many times will the firmware be updated when the firmware becomes mature? Then there is no longer any need for the unit to be connected to the internet. I rather have a Streamer of quality than a processor which is all-in-one.
What is the EQ process? I see it says automated. Have you used it? Any before after results of the EQ? Can you manually enter EQ filters?

·
Premium Member
Optoma UHD65, Oppo 203, Tonewinner AT-300, 2 - Outlaw 7000X, AppleTV 4K, 120” Screen, 2 SVS PC 16/46
247 Posts
I am curious about this processor. I currently have the Marantz 7703 and would love to incorporate front height channels with Atmos ( I gave those up moving from the 7702mkII) I do have 4 height speakers and do not see being able to add 2 addional overhead speakers. i do not listen to any music in my theater room, it is really only for movies or occasional TV/Sports.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
thanks @JamesVG81 @doinmybestatlast if i do not needed it hardwired I am good.

I have TCL tv with all streaming app, nextflix, amazon prime, etc. and the tv, bluray and rest is all hardwired.

Yes correct, firmware initially and then the big ?? what about support?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
thanks @JamesVG81 @doinmybestatlast if i do not needed it hardwired I am good.

I have TCL tv with all streaming app, nextflix, amazon prime, etc. and the tv, bluray and rest is all hardwired.

Yes correct, firmware initially and then the big ?? what about support?
I reached out to Summit Hifi to help with questions such as yours. Support was also on my mind. TW had been selling for quite a number of years, if not decades. I researched the topic of support by previous customers. I found nothing. Quality looked to be a topic not discussed. My personal conclusion was quality was not an issue. I took a chance. So far, so good. Contact Summit with any warranty questions.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hi Batch, that looks nice. A couple of questions. Is that a multi-channel analog input on the back marked expansion? If so, it is limited to 5.1 or does it include that other analog input for a full 7.1?

Also, does this unit have Dolby Pro Logic 2?

Reactions: doinmybestatlast

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys. I now am a proud owner of a ToneWinner AT-300. It got delivered last week, hooked it up, and so far loving it!!!!! NOTE: None of the issues mentioned by one member from stereo.net.au were existent. Everything works great! View attachment 3139257 View attachment 3139259 View attachment 3139261 View attachment 3139262
You still have on the film protecting the display on the AT-300. It took me nearly a week before I figured that one out. It's time for both of us to get our optometrist checkup.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Batch, that looks nice. A couple of questions. Is that a multi-channel analog input on the back marked expansion? If so, it is limited to 5.1 or does it include that other analog input for a full 7.1?

Yes, it is a multi-channel analog input. The way it shows in the diagram makes me think it's only 5.1. I'm not sure if the extra two analog inputs beside it can be configured so that it can be expanded to 7.1. Right now, I can not find any reason to hook up into those inputs to find out, other than mere curiosity. I will let you know if I ever find out.
About Dolby Pro Logic 2, I attached here snapshots of the audio settings. I can't find Dolby Pro Logic 2.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Yes, it is a multi-channel analog input. The way it shows in the diagram makes me think it's only 5.1. I'm not sure if the extra two analog inputs beside it can be configured so that it can be expanded to 7.1. Right now, I can not find any reason to hook up into those inputs to find out, other than mere curiosity. I will let you know if I ever find out.
About Dolby Pro Logic 2, I attached here snapshots of the audio settings. I can't find Dolby Pro Logic 2.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have found one review stating the color of white has a purplish tinge. I am not able to duplicate this. White is crisp and more importantly, the color is white.
That review was from stereo.net.au and was posted by username "Nightyard". Just like you, I found NONE of the issues he mentioned while I was watching movies through the AT-300. Everything was great! That guy should update the firmware of his unit, try to replicate the previous issues, then update his post by stating the results.
FYI, I registered as a member of that group just for the sole purpose of replying to the reviewer, hoping to enlighten the readers/members who are being misled by that review.

1 - 20 of 932 Posts