AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will tonight's (Friday) rebroadcast of the Masters, beginning at 8:00 PM EDT on USA Network also be in HD on DISH Network as is the live broadcast this afternoon?

Note: I am not speaking of the late night recap show on CBS.

·
Registered
576 Posts
No one even knows what time the LIVE broadcast will start and end on E* and D*, let alone if it will be broadcast again tonight! Do you actually expect a schedule from these people? Wish again!!

·
Registered
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnA
No one even knows what time the LIVE broadcast will start and end on E* and D*, let alone if it will be broadcast again tonight! Do you actually expect a schedule from these people? Wish again!!
Okay!! I wish with all my heart and soul that USA's rebroadcast of the Masters, scheduled to begin at 8:00 PM, will also be carried in HD on DISH Network on the same channel they're using for the live HD afternoon broadcast.

I was just hoping that someone here..... Ken, anyone..... would have some info to that effect since I'm unlikely to be able to leave work in time to see the HD telecast live.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Live coverage on USA Networks will probably continue until day light runs out, probably close to 8 pm. Picture quality on CBS HDTV and USA Networks (via DirecTV ~ 198) is equal, but USA has 5.1 audio, so I'm watching USA. Tom

·
Registered
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by wick77
Look at the sticky topic, it had your answers before you even asked.
I'm sorry, maybe I'm going blind, but I didn't see anything on any of the sticky threads that mentioned anything other than their early coverage. Could you please direct me to where the 8:00 PM rebroadcast information was posted and whether or not it will be in HD?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Harms
.....but USA has 5.1 audio
No it doesn't. The network feed is 2.0 only. The DirecTV 5.1 flag is incorrect.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by archiguy
.....8:00 PM rebroadcast information was posted and whether or not it will be in HD?
I don't think this was adressed. The late night recap will not be in HDTV.

I don't really know, but my guess is no.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Signal from USA Network indicates 5.1 on my receiver. I can report that my subwoofer is getting a strong LFE signal as well as my L/R front speakers, but the center and rear R/L speakers are silent. So you are correct, it is not 5.1, but the audio is much richer than CBS. Tom

·
Registered
45,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Franzius
....or did they upgrade their signal to HD and E* and D* agree to carry the new feed from USA Networks while I was away ???
USA is providing a special HDTV feed for this event. See the USA Masters topic at the top of the page.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.