AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the local Magnolia (SF Bay Area), and they dropped their price on the Fuji P50XHA10US to $7,999. They checked stock of all the stores in the area, and they are all sold out., the only units they have are the floor models. They expect the newer P-50 30 units anytime, and they list the price at 9,999. Is the $2,000 difference justified, or should I go for the floor model, which the sales person said he could move down a little. I've heard cons of other plasmas but seems like noone has anything bad to say about the Fujitsu's.

·
Registered
33,528 Posts
The thing about a retailer's display is they're on for perhaps 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, maybe 7. If you're comfortable with the # of hours on the unit and you're certain there's no evidence of burn-in, it may not be a terrible decision. However, I'd fight for a fairly steep discount. On the other hand, if it were me, I probably wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yesterday or the day before, Magnolia reportedly had 1 new P50-10 left in N.Cal. Have them check all their stores up there before you give up. I also believe they just got in their shipment of -30s, but the differential is something to consider.

If you want the -10 at this great price level, check Good Guys, which also I believe has several -10s.

I bought a -10 from GG and am scheduled to have it delivered tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

As for which one to get, that's a question I wrestled with. Even after negotiating a good deal on the -30, I ultimately decided to go with the -10 at a better price (1K difference). Given that I picked the P50 based on how I liked the 10, and never have even seen the 30 to assess any differences, this made sense.

I do know that Goombawa and CTBob are very happy with their 30s. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.