AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The AVR 235 only has two optical inputs. I'm already using those with my Xbox 360 and my DVR. I just got a Blu Ray player for Christmas. But, I don't have a way to get digital 5.1 audio from it to the receiver, because the optical inputs are already used.

I tried sending audio through HDMI to the TV and optical out from the TV to the receiver. But, that the TV will only output a stereo siginal, not 5.1.

Is the only solution to upgrade my receiver to one with more than two 5.1 inputs? Am I wrong that the two optical inputs on the AVR 235 are the only 5.1 inputs?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Your receiver has two coaxial inputs. They are the orange RCA plugs right next to the optical plugs. If your Blu player has a coaxial out you can use that to get 5.1. If your player doesn't have a coaxial out, then you can simply buy an optical switch box.

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
If none of your devices have a digi coax output that you can use instead of the optical output, you can try an optical switch. You can spend a lot for one, or a little. THIS one is really inexpensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts