I am looking for a new receiver but don't know if any of these are any good:

Onkyo TX-NR3009

Onkyo TX-NR5009

Onkyo TX-NR1010

Onkyo TX-NR3010

Yamaha RX-A3020

Denon AVR4810CI

Pioneer Elite SC-68

I suppose I should ask which brand is the most reliable brand.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
There are really no numbers out there on failure rates so the best you will get is people telling you which receiver brand has lasted them the longest. None of the brands you are looking at come without a warranty so I would pick based off features that you want. The Onkyos and Denon both use audyssey but the Yamaha and Pioneer have their own proprietary room correction so that will be something to consider. All the receivers you listed have plenty of power for most systems so I don’t think that would be an issue.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023  /t/1470705/too-many-options#post_23263274

There are really no numbers out there on failure rates so the best you will get is people telling you which receiver brand has lasted them the longest. None of the brands you are looking at come without a warranty so I would pick based off features that you want. The Onkyos and Denon both use audyssey but the Yamaha and Pioneer have their own proprietary room correction so that will be something to consider. All the receivers you listed have plenty of power for most systems so I don’t think that would be an issue.

Thanks for your advice!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts