AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need an understanding on this. I have a Belkin PF60 power center that I was going to use to send power to all of my gear but now I'm not sure. Below is the equipment list and their amperage draw...

Marantz SR5005 - 650 watts or 5.4 amps

Behringer EP4000 - 9.6 amps

Panasonic Bluray Player - 9.9 watts or .08 amps

Behringer Feedback Destroyer - 200 mA

Panasonic 4000 projector - 3 amps

The Belkin has a built in 15A Breaker on it but with 13 outputs, it just doesn't make sense. If it's as cut and dry as it looks, will I already be overloading it with the current gear?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
It would probably be OK since it is very unlikely you will ever draw peak power, but I would plug the power amp straight into the outlet and not into the conditioner.

BTW, it is likely your wall outlet has a 15A breaker on it...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I am looking at this correctly though? That was my next though too, use a separate circuit for the Behringer amp since that will put out the largest load.

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Audio power amps do not need power conditioners. They most typically have simple unregulated 60hz based power supplies which if engineered properly (which is quite easy to do) are virtually indestructible by routine power spikes.

Now where you can get in a quandry is a high power AV receiver with digital processors inside.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great, thanks for the info! I will then put my power hungry amp on it's own circuit and the rest on the power console

·
Registered
139 Posts
Slightly off topic, but does your PF60 say PureAV on the front left or Belken. Mine says Belken but all the images on the web show PureAV.

Wondering if mine is somehow different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.