Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I upgraded my hard drive in my Showstopper to a 120gig drive quite a while ago, successfully.

After a while, even that drive filled up, waiting for me to take it out and download the shows to my PC. I got to a point where I had about 2-3 hours on medium left of guaranteed recording space.

Anyway, one day the Showstopper crashed (and it seems to do this very rarely, though almost always when I--or rather my girlfriend who still hasn't gotten used to the Replay concept--channel surf with the Channel UP/Down keys), and refused to accept any commands. So I had to pull out the power cord and then put it back in to get the machine to restart.

It did restart, and seems to have worked fine since, no crashing. But one problem does show up: it says I now have 15 HOURS of space left. How in the world is this possible? I tried seeing if it deleted some of my archived shows -- and it didn't! Nor are the random ones I checked out corrupted!

It seems to record fine, download program guide info, and everything else -- just that space indicator which can't possibly be right.

What could have happened?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Unless you are doing the math wrong there will be a corrupted recording. Change all entries in replay guide to NON GUARANTEED. One by one change them back to guaranteed until you find the problem recording and delete it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.