AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a newbie question that has been posted several times before but I didn't know what to search for.

A few months ago I got the Mitsubishi WS55411 for the "theater" room. I have been extremely happy with it and think I made a good decision. However, if I turn all the lights off late at night sometimes I have noticed that in very dark scenes (Almost pitch black - only DVD) I can see three varying light sources on the top edge, slightly from a behind angle below the "crossbar".

I know this is probably a reflection or something from the CRT's but I didn't know if anything can be done about this. No, I have not yet had my TV calibrated and yes, I am waiting for the AVIA DVD in the mail any day now.

Also, in other dark scenes sometime I have noticed that if I sit completely in front of the TV I can get a "rainbow" effect from the middle of the TV. What is this? Just a reflection or glare from the protective screen? That screen however sure does protect against the little kids though!

Any input sure would be appreciated!

Pierre!

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pwygant
However, if I turn all the lights off late at night sometimes I have noticed that in very dark scenes (Almost pitch black - only DVD) I can see three varying light sources on the top edge, slightly from a behind angle below the "crossbar".

Pierre!
It sounds like light is leaking out of the cabinet. What does your dealer say? Sometimes ISF calibrators line the inside of CRT RPTVs with none reflective material. That might fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.