AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Harmony One and it was a great remote until my brother stepped on it. Being that Logitech does not have a repair policy and my only option is to buy a new one,is now making me think twice about buying another Logitech remote. Now that I am back in the market for a new remote,I am just curious to see what some of the top of the line ones are. A remote that can handle everything rf/ir,all the bells and whistles.What should I look at?

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
how much money do you have to spend? what's your level of competence when it comes to programming? etc.

there are places that will fix your h1, y'know... a google search might net you a solution... just saying...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back to me. Did not know there were places that do repairs,was just going by what Logitech customer service told me. Programming is not a problem at all. I have $900 to spend.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi

I own a couple of Philips Pronto TSU9600's and there is almost nothing they can't do, initially there is a learnig curve to program them but I could not live without them. You can check over at remotecentral.com. They have a large Pronto community.

Tom

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nevo Q50 and it does Z-Wave. I have lights hooked up to it and it is great.

·
Registered
971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardz /forum/post/16909121

I had the Harmony One and it was a great remote until my brother stepped on it. Being that Logitech does not have a repair policy and my only option is to buy a new one,is now making me think twice about buying another Logitech remote. Now that I am back in the market for a new remote,I am just curious to see what some of the top of the line ones are. A remote that can handle everything rf/ir,all the bells and whistles.What should I look at?

The Harmony One is apx $200-250 @ amazon. I am not a Harmony advocate by any stretch of the imagination but i thought i would chime in based on your post. If you step on a remote from any manufacturer your looking at $200 minimum for the repair IMO. An RTI T2-C looks & operates about the same as the Harmony one after it has been stepped on.

Point being that if your familiar with the Harmony One & it covers your needs.. i would get another one.

If your looking to upgrade i would click the Universal Remote link in Glack's post and head straight for the professional section.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
If you paid for the Harmony One with a credit card then you might have up to two years of coverage. I had my 890 replaced after dropping it too many times on a wood floor. Visa sent me a check for the original cost of the remote. I was able to purchase any remote that I wish, but they will only refund the lesser of the original cost or the cost of the new remote.

Visa Protection Program

·
Registered
748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/16912515

If you paid for the Harmony One with a credit card then you might have up to two years of coverage. I had my 890 replaced after dropping it too many times on a wood floor. Visa sent me a check for the original cost of the remote. I was able to purchase any remote that I wish, but they will only refund the lesser of the original cost or the cost of the new remote.

Visa Protection Program

Great suggestion! I always forget about those protection plans but that's a great little tip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.