AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Looking for a wireless n bridge, with gigabit ports, to pair to my d-link dir 655. Im getting great throughput to my laptops, and want to extend these speeds to my xbox, ps3 and boxee. (the consoles are both wireless g).

Does anyone have any suggestions on some wireless bridges? Ive seen that a number of new products have come out in the last few months, but there are no reviews on any yet. Older models dont really scratch me where I itch, either.

Thanks

·
UHD Addict
39,545 Posts
try the Dlink DAP1522 units. I have eight of them. They can be set to Access Point mode or Bridge mode. They also have gigabit ports and I can get identical throughput as my 100BT devices when connected to my wired network. So for instance my TiVos get 85mb/s to 95mb/s when transferring shows between boxes whether connected to the media bridges or over my gigabit backbone.

I do have four access points so my devices are spread out so I can get high throughputs. If i had everything on one AP I would not be able to get fast speeds.

·
Registered
987 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKBSRK /forum/post/20769971

Hello everyone. Looking for a wireless n bridge, with gigabit ports, to pair to my d-link dir 655. Im getting great throughput to my laptops, and want to extend these speeds to my xbox, ps3 and boxee. (the consoles are both wireless g).

Does anyone have any suggestions on some wireless bridges? Ive seen that a number of new products have come out in the last few months, but there are no reviews on any yet. Older models dont really scratch me where I itch, either.

Thanks

There are a few options you can find from Netgear. A couple thoughts. You may find Powerline is a good choice Netgear makes a XAVB1004 Bridge - 4-port switch that works great for what you want to do. This is a 200mbs speed fast enough for anything but streaming bluray rips. They also have the powerline products in the just released AV500 which is near 500mbs speed. Now powerline is home wiring dependent. But when it works in a home it works great. I am using the XAVB1004 in a second home and it is very close to wired performance.

The other option is with a wireless bridge. The best performance wireless device is the WNHDB3004. This also has a 4 port switch built in. This is the fastest wireless available near equaling a wire. It is fast enough to stream 3d bluray rips. It is more money then the powerline but if powerline wont work then this is your best choice.

Bob Silver

Netgear AV Consultant

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I had been looking at the dap 1522, but Im concerned with reviews on its overall throughput. Would it make a difference that it is only draft n (2.0)? Or have recent firmware updates made it better?

I would have went with the newer dap 1513, but that lacks the gigabit ports. The high end netgear stuff may be out of my price range too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.