AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/trick-or-...ght-264082.php

Hmm. This sounds cool.

"I'm told that tonight, at 12:01am EST (okay, so tomorrow), the division of Microsoft that launched the Xbox and the Zune will unveil something very special . What it is, we do not know for sure, but it's "something totally new coming out of the Entertainment and Devices division, and it's going to change the way people interact with technology." The email (which was not a tip but rather was mistakenly sent to me through official channels) also stated that "you really have to see it to believe it." How tantalizing."

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
CONFIRMED! A brand new 360 that uses the massive amount of heat generated to toast sliced bread. This innovative 360/toaster combo has state of the art bread core technology which allows the user to toast his slice any way he wishes. The dual sensors will allow one side to reach crispy brown perfection while the other stays nice and soft, allowing maximum jam and jelly spreaditure, permitting maximum surface area consumption. This state of the art technology has stat tracking and achievements enabled, allowing you to track and compare your friend's toast consumption. Microsoft prides itself in expanding and innovating upon the technology sector, and this new product demonstrates how the consumer is their number one priority. HDMI cable included.

You heard it here first.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillhouse17 /forum/post/0

CONFIRMED! A brand new 360 that uses the massive amount of heat generated to toast sliced bread. This innovative 360/toaster combo has state of the art bread core technology which allows the user to toast his slice any way he wishes. The dual sensors will allow one side to reach crispy brown perfection while the other stays nice and soft, allowing maximum jam and jelly spreaditure, permitting maximum surface area consumption. This state of the art technology has stat tracking and achievements enabled, allowing you to track and compare your friend's toast consumption. Microsoft prides itself in expanding and innovating upon the technology sector, and this new product demonstrates how the consumer is their number one priority. HDMI cable included.

You heard it here first.

MS said we wouldn't have seen this before. Sony already made that.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
MS cant keep anything a secret, so i highly doubt it's anything huge.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
didnt think about the chatpad.... thats pretty likely as is the zune 2.0 or the upgraded software that does the enhanced wifi stuff (would be nice to get an updated marketplace as well... podcasts,movies,tv shows).

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
IPTV for the 360..

·
Registered
9,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan /forum/post/0

IPTV for the 360..

LOL I thought this was already announced to launch in the Fall?

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
well any of these could be the "official" launch dates with pricing etc. they have announced they will have all of this stuff but no hard dates yet.

if i was ranking them on what i want the most...

1. zune 2.0 (along with the new software [podcast support and more media player 11 like in general] and enhanced music/video stores)

2. 360 chatpad

3. iptv (doesnt apply to me since I dont live in a iptv serviced area yet)

I dont think it will be iptv because of the "change the way people interact with technology". Also could be applied to the chatpad since its not really a new feature but the updated zune would be since nobody is doing wifi downloads and that was the rumors of the beta zune software.

engadget seems to think its some soft of digital table (which fits in with the wording)... http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/29/m...nterface-at-d/

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Sounds like a fun drill.

IPTV was already announced.

Shadowrun shipping announcement came out already.

Zune 2.0 isn't shipping until fall.

Might be a cablecard adapter for 360. (Unlikely.)

Might be the Milan gesture-control system. (But that's a technology, not a product.)

Might be music subscriptions for 360. (Coming soon...)

Might be Video Marketplace for Vista. (Inevitable.)

Might as well wait and see.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagouar /forum/post/0

well any of these could be the "official" launch dates with pricing etc. they have announced they will have all of this stuff but no hard dates yet.

if i was ranking them on what i want the most...

1. zune 2.0 (along with the new software [podcast support and more media player 11 like in general] and enhanced music/video stores)

2. 360 chatpad

3. iptv (doesnt apply to me since I dont live in a iptv serviced area yet)

I dont think it will be iptv because of the "change the way people interact with technology". Also could be applied to the chatpad since its not really a new feature but the updated zune would be since nobody is doing wifi downloads and that was the rumors of the beta zune software.

engadget seems to think its some soft of digital table (which fits in with the wording)... http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/29/m...nterface-at-d/

But they said it was a top secret project. How are those top secret if we already knew about the chat pad and IPTV from official announcments. How does Zune 2.0 sound revolutionary with MP11 and podcast support?

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
because its one thing to announce it will be out and to say its officially coming out on X day. (i know its not top secret but you can take these things alot of ways which this thread is proof of)

that said im seeing more and more of the gesture system.

zune 2.0 (or atleast the beta software) could be revolutionary because it will be one of the first to have downloads going straight to the player vs having to sync with a computer. others are planning similar services but if announced now would be "the first". i still dont think its going to be zune 2.0 though (thats not expected until fall)

·
Banned
3,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillhouse17 /forum/post/0

You heard it here first.

yawn...

·
Registered
118 Posts
How about netflix sup on 360.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.