Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player

Votes: 3 2.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vote for the best HD-DVD player (don't factor in price....) If I haven't listed it go ahead and post it. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Ignoring price its the XA2 it has the best upscaling, the hypothetical advantages of HDMI 1.3, analog audio outputs all in one package

·
Registered
11,402 Posts
No offense, but ignoring price makes this a no-brainer. It is like asking somebody if a Honda Civic Si is better than a Porsche 911. Of course the XA2 is the best player. Hands down it has the most features, but I bought the A2 for the price, and it suited my needs. I voted for the A2 simply because it offers the most bang for the buck.

·
Registered
792 Posts
The A20, since it's the only one I own, which by default makes it the top for me, but it's amazing in its own right. BEAUTIFUL picture.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, so a slight change.... If you had a 720p 50" (1080i) Plasma, what are the benefits of the XA2 over the A2?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhallida /forum/post/0

OK, so a slight change.... If you had a 720p 50" (1080i) Plasma, what are the benefits of the XA2 over the A2?

SD disc upconversion for video, analog outs for audio and build quality.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I own both the A1 and XA2 and the video processing chip in the XA2 is far superior. Both players provide excellent HD picture quality but the XA2 is the Mercedes of the two.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Which is not to say the A1 is a Saturn by any means, yeah?

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I vote for the RCA HDV5000 as absolute best! The XA2 may have a better upscaler and faster load times and 1080p60, but my rev2.2 HDV5000 is not only highly reliable, but it's also the BEST LOOKING
!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I voted for xa2 even though I live in sweden and purchased the pal version xe1, but since we europeans are mostly ignored :p that was the only way to go

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can't believe this is even a question. XA2 hands down. Not only do you get the awesome upconversion, but it is also more "future proofed" with all the other extras.

I find it hard to believe that anyone that voted for a player other than the XA2 would truthfully have picked that player over the XA2 if they were the exact same price when they purchased it. Doesn't seem too smart to me.

Chris....

·
Registered
185 Posts
hey-i know, everyone just vote for the one they own! that's what you are all doing, right? i place two votes. best value hd-a1. a more mature product, built like a tank, great picture and audio outs. top of the class is the XA-2. more future potential, audio outs, etc. i own only the a1 but from what i hear from those who have both, the xa-2 upscales better.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
might be the dumbest poll i have ever seen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts