Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aperion 6B and 5C

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Torn between three choices. These will be for 100% movie watching. I am running dual subs so bass wont be a problem and also using an XPA-3 amp for the fronts. And tell me why you chose what you did

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
If I was buying for 100% HT and near your budget, I would definately hold out and see what the reviews will be for the TCA Pro-10. This is one speaker I am interested in hearing.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I think you should include Ascend in that list.

·
Registered
861 Posts
More than anything, I think you should do some in-room comparisons. Aperion will provide shipping both ways. You will need to check the details for the others, but all the ID companies offer a 30 day trial. I have not heard Aperion or Axiom, so I can say nothing there.

You will incur some shipping costs, but I consider these minor to the time you would spend traveling to various shops.

Normally I would suggest that you can get away with just buying a pair of speakers for a trial, but since this will be 100% HT use you should get the center. You might find this a fun process.

On the other hand, I get why you might just want to buy some speakers and be done with it. I'm sure you will be happy with whatever you get since I think I can guess that your new speakers will be a significant improvement on whatever you currently use.

What subs do you have?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mziegler /forum/post/18265827

More than anything, I think you should do some in-room comparisons. Aperion will provide shipping both ways. You will need to check the details for the others, but all the ID companies offer a 30 day trial. I have not heard Aperion or Axiom, so I can say nothing there.

You will incur some shipping costs, but I consider these minor to the time you would spend traveling to various shops.

Normally I would suggest that you can get away with just buying a pair of speakers for a trial, but since this will be 100% HT use you should get the center. You might find this a fun process.

On the other hand, I get why you might just want to buy some speakers and be done with it. I'm sure you will be happy with whatever you get since I think I can guess that your new speakers will be a significant improvement on whatever you currently use.

What subs do you have?

All three options include a center? I am just changing my front three. I have an SVS PC12-NSD and eD A2-300 sub. I am building a new TV stand and might run into an issue with floor space using my current Energy C-300's and C-C100. The three front will also be powered by a Emotiva XPA-3. I know others have giving me other options but just would like opinions on my current choices. I also know speakers can be subjective as what sounds good to me may not to you.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Have some Axiom M3's myself (and several of their other speakers) quality is great. specially if you've already got subs and you combine these with a few QS8's for surrounds. Axiom does offer free shipping 1 way with 30 day trial so you'd only have to pay shipping back if it turns out they don't work fo ryou.

·
Registered
750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs /forum/post/18265338

If I was buying for 100% HT and near your budget, I would definately hold out and see what the reviews will be for the TCA Pro-10. This is one speaker I am interested in hearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mziegler /forum/post/18265349

I think you should include Ascend in that list.

+1 to both.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs /forum/post/18265338

Do you have a link on this speaker?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-t /forum/post/18267273

Do you have a link on this speaker?
http://www.tweakcityaudio.com/forum/...ead.php?t=2273

The third post from Craigsub. It is still in beta and not out yet but from what I read, it looks very promising...especially for home theater use. You might want to PM Craigsub, the owner of TCA.

http://www.tweakcityaudio.com/forum/...t=2273&page=22

Post 218 is how it looks. It's not the prettiest speaker and its still in the development stages but hopefully they will have more options on the cabinet.

As for low cost home theater use, the PRO-10 looks very promising...especially for those who don't want to spend more for the JTR speakers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts