AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That's a cool link...didn't realize it existed. It even had a movie about my in-laws "Attack of the Giant Leeches"
!

Studios need to release more of their movies that no longer bring them millions of dollars...there are a lot of good old movies that deserve to be seen and not locked up in a vault!

·
Banned
1,686 Posts
You have to be real careful as alot of the common sites have been co-opted by media interests and are now used for info gathering. One that still has not but has been under recent assault is P1rateB4y; not sure about suprn0v4.

Needless to say, always use encryption and a non-standard port to avoid throttling and evesdropping, and peer-to-peer is best if your client supports it. Come join us on port 60940 if you like. I used to use BitTyrant, but it's not getting updated, so Azureus is probably best.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Self-deleted. I didn't realize discussion of torrenting was against the forums' rules. My post had mostly been a consideration of both sides of the coin, along with some what I thought to be constructive ideas for solutions that would satisfy all parties. But as my post also did contain a question about the usefulness of Virtual Private Networks, in the service of files-sharing, I though best to remove the post entirely.

I could find no way to delete the post completely, so this placeholder message remains here. But please consider I made an effort to comply with forum rules after another here informed me of this aspect of them. And if a moderator finds this post, please delete it if you wish.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts

Quote:
But in the meantime, until sensible parties arrive at a sensible resolution of this matter, I would still like to know how one may put a sheet over that IP address, so no uninvited observers may look inside our downloading cages?

Discussion around the pirating of copyrighted material is against the forum rules...whether you agree with how the industry works or doesn't work is a matter you need to take up with your country's governing body and it's copyright laws.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmo  /t/1103469/torrents#post_24598957

Point noted. Should I delete my post, then?
I'm not sure if it falls under the "this is a taboo subject" title. You seem to have given both sides of the subject. And, it is more of an opinion than a how-to on getting copywrited material via torrent. A forum moderator might feel different, and delete it AND ban you. Moderators seem to rarely visit the Linux section of the AVS Forums, but you never know...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.