AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i'm considering this TV as the monitor for my future HTPC system. Are there any reasons why i should NOT get this TV? Perhaps there is something out there of equal quality that costs less? Or maybe this TV is missing any important features?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I have there older model, and I'm using it right now, but I have to say, if I had to do it all again I would get a projector. At least then I could use a resolution that I can play video games on. You are very limited to the resolutions you can use with this. Its either 640 x 480, 960 x 540, or 1920 x 1080 (there are a couple of variations off of those, but they all just look stupid). The 1920 x 1080 is only good for DVD's because its way to small any other time. For standard display I use 960 x 540 which isnt' too bad. The only problem is how much fits on teh screen. Part of my left, right up and down are all cut off. ITs something that I'm pretty much just living with.

Overall I like it, and its impressive, but I think a projector is the way to go.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but projectors cost big $$$, i can't afford them. What do you mean cut out? How come?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I use the 61H80 and am very satified with the results. With some tweaking within power strip you can get the right and left overscans fixed. the top and bottom overscan is always going to be their. But if you use YXY to set the window size you can get rid of this problem. If you are going to play games this is not the monitor for you. But for movies or scaling TV input it is a very nice monitor.

Matt Sanderson

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i wanna do both: play games and watch DVD's. What the hell should i get then? :)

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Like I said the only thing I can thinik of that will let you do both is a projector, and projectors aren't THAT expensive. You can get some for less then the cost of the Toshiba. They may not be the best, but they will do the job.

I had to get a seperate computer to play games on because most of the games I want to play have resolutions which just won't work on this tv. I might get a projector soon . . . we'll c.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.