AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to enclose my audio/video components (receiver, CD, DVD, cable box, VCR) in a cabinet with a solid door. In order to use the components remotely, I would like to take advantage of the Toshiba's IR Out port on the back panel.

Can I run a 3.5mm mini line from the IR Out port on the back panel of my Toshiba 50HDX82 into a 6 port connecting block/6-way splitter (such as the Xantech CB60 or the Xantech Amplified Block 791-44) and then run IR emitters (similar to the one that came with the 50HDX82) from the connecting block to my components?

It seems like this would work.

Has anyone tried this or anything similar?

Worse comes to worst, I can simply by an standalone IR receiver box or mini IR receiver, but I'd like to use the Tosh technology if possible. That way I can save some cash...

Please comment with suggestions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No responses? I guess everyone has their A/V components on shelves or behind glass....

What about the Hot Link Pro? Anyone try this IR repeater? Results??

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
The hot link pro works for me. I did discover after I disposed of one that had a repeater pulled off that the repeaters are in series. If one gets damaged, none of them work. If the wire gets pulled out and can't get reinstalled, the rest of the repeaters may be able to be resurrected if the 2 exposed leads are connected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.