Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My set-up includes two round dishes with dual LNBs, one pointed at 101 and one pointed at 119. All the transponders on both sats. read at least 80 (on 101 and 119).

I DON'T have a multi-switch.

I have 4 lines running from the two sats, one 101 and one 119 going to the living room. One 101 going to the bedroom and one 119 going to the theater.

In my living room, I have a RCA DTC-100 hooked up to the 101 and the 119 via an A-B switch. Works great.

In my theater, I want to hook my Toshiba DST-3000 to JUST the 119. I hook it up, get transponders 22-32 reading above 80 and no signal. Channel 400 just says channel unavailable.

I've tried bringing the Tosh. to the living room and hooking it up to the A-B switch. With some fancy switching around, I can get it to work, problem is in the theater I don't have a 101 line to hook it up to.

Is the set-up I describe possible? Seems like the DST-3000 NEEDS to have a 101 signal to get guide data or something.

Thanks for any help,

Jon

·
Registered
497 Posts
The DST-3000 manual has a statement in the "Round Dish Setup" that says HD is not possible with just a round dish. I found this after I bought my receiver and had an antenna pointed at 119! I used two round dishes and a 2X1 multiswitch and used the "Oval Dish Setup". I was going to see if I could disconnect the 101 dish after I got the 119 channel listing. I finally decided to keep the dish at 101 for the guide, even though I don't use it.

I think you're going to have to get both the 101 and 119 satellite signals fed to the DST-3000 (at least for the setup).

Al Keown

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just added a post above regarding this issue - seems the Tosh is set up to force you have both Sats active. I have even been trying to get a set up with a Dish 500 and a round dish with no luck. I think it is set up to force you to have some kind of switch as well. The whole situation is ridiculous - Dish HDTV is a piece of cake poin a round dish, get signal and call for activation. Geez Direct TV had t pass me to 4 peiople before they knew how to enter the DST 3000 into thier system!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was wondering the same thing.... I have a round dish pointed at 101. I had it set as "oval dish 2" and it gave a good reading on the 119 sat, even though I didn't have anything pointed at 119.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
asunc,

I had to go through a few DirecTV csr's before they figured out that the DST-3000 is a direcTV receiver (and I got bumped all the way up to tech-2, nobody can answer my set-up question).

I also think you are right about the DST-3000 forcing you to have a switch and 101 and 119 feeds. Unfortunately, toshiba forces you to talk to direcTV about set-up questions, and direcTV can't even figure out what a DST-3000 is....

Can anyone confirm that this is NOT true with one of the other HD-receivers (sony or mits.).

I guess I'll have to put in a switch.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.