AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked mine up for 20 off the regular price because I was on a wait list. Yes, this is the (West Coast) Video Only deal. The main store in WA is in Southcenter. Just tell them George had you on the wait list. Otherwise it's normally $449. Still a great deal!

When you get this beast, please help me figure out the friggin' program guide! Yea, Ive got my OTA diplexed with the SAT and the AT&T cable in the ANT and the ZIP code stuff. I get all the channels just not all of the time. Seems like each time I do a set-up I get a different configuration. This is a very kluge process indeed. I'll do another hi-tech plug/unplug when I get home.

Also, it would be sweet if there were a single IR remote code that changes screen aspect from 4:3 to 16:9 without having to go into the setup menus (like the 480i/1080i button). No, I don't mean the LBX/ZOOM/CROP button either. My TV is 4:3 and I require 16:9 for the projector for the HiDef stuff.

This box sure would be sweet if that program guide worked smoothly - all the program info on my cable service. Heck, even my cable service doesn't have that ('cept for that silly scrolling guide channel that lists a million channels I don't have).

Well, at this price, we need more of these in WA so we can collectively work the bugs out of this beast. If you live in the Seattle area and have one of these (or the Hughes E86/ Mits SR-HD5), I wanna hear from you!

Thanks,

------------------

Ken B.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Your problems with the DST-3000 are par for the course for the family of receivers. I have the Mits SR-HD5 and it is the most illogical piece of electronic equipment that I have ever owned.

------------------

Tom

Sony SAT-T60 DirecTc>ic>Vc>oc>f> w/2.5 (126 hours)

Sony SAT-T60 DirecTc>ic>Vc>oc>f> w/2.5

Sony SAN-24MD 24" elliptical dish

[This message has been edited by TomF (edited 09-25-2001).]

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hit the "Action" and then the "Input" button to toggle between 480i and 1080i.

[This message has been edited by KTrout (edited 09-25-2001).]

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Lunarist,

I just ordered one from the San Mateo store. Ask for John, and mention that you saw it on a website. He told me that he has been selling these like hotcakes, and he had 30 of them in this week, and now hes down to around 5. The number is:

650-578-1212.

Take care,

Fred

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ken,

Is it possible for you to get me the number for Video Only?I have been scanning the net for them but I find no site. That's a great price for the dst3000, I wonder if they will ship to Michigan.

Thanks in advance,

lunarist

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi TomF, you mentioned that you have the MITS. SR-HD500? How is this HDTV receiver and dish? Im considering getting one but I heard about some problems losing the guide every so often, is it true? I have a MITS 46" widescreen and want the benefits of HDTV but Im so confused on what system to get, but IM leaning towards the MITS SR-HD500. I would appreciate so advise. Thanks

------------------

Frankie

·
Registered
72 Posts
I called the Video Only store in San Mateo, CA yesterday afternoon. John wasn't available, but I spoke with Russ (who I read was another person you could speak with about the DST-3000). I told Russ I was interested and wanted to know the details of payment and shipping to Michigan (as I read they would only take a money order). Unfortunately, Russ indicated that he couldn't do anything until he spoke with John. He took my phone number and promised he'd call back today. We'll see. I hope that this works out as I'd like to purchase, but I'm suspicious about sending a money order to a company that sells a product for about one third less then everyone else. Anyway, if Russ calls back I post the details of the payment/shipping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Video Only will take a CC for payment on the DST3000.

Mine is due in today according to UPS tracking.

John was very helpful in placing the order.

They don't have anything on their website besides phone numbers to the local stores. www.videoonly.com

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wooderson - Take it you purchased from Video Only? Plz confirm if so.

ITdude - Did you receive yours? If so, was it a mfr sealed box with all items?

All interested (if any) - Didn't get a promised call back from VO, so I phoned and spoke with John Holmes yesterday. He stated that they would take most any credit card and shipping was a flat $20 charge. He thought he might have one unit left in stock to send me, otherwise it would likely be a two to three week wait. I gave him my phone, address and cc number. He said he'd check and call me back in 10 minutes. I called back in 30, he said he'd been too busy and hadn't had a chance to check on any remaining stock. Promised he'd call me back in an hour. That was the last I heard. I'll call one last time later this afternoon. Though John was more than polite and helpful, I'm still not getting a "warm and fuzzy". Hope Wooderson, or any others, can confirm receipt from VO and their long distance purchasing experience with them.

[This message has been edited by Risuli (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well... Sorta...

My DST3000 is working great (or as good as I can expect).

Is there ANYONE out there that gets program guide info for your Cable connection besides "Regular Schedule"? Seattle area would be particularly helpful. I get 60 or so channels on my basic cable connection and all but perhaps a few are "RS".

I am serviced by the same cable as the city of Seattle and I tried a few of the 100 ZIP codes for Seattle hoping the Database would have one of them right. No luck. I can't even get it to manually add CH8, Discovery, to the program guide?!? Good news is I'm now getting all 5 (6 including 2nd KCTS?)local networks from the rooftop OTA!

I'm guessing most folks are happy 'cause they don't have Cable service as well. The OTA diplexed with Sat is doing great!

Oh yeah, Got my BBuster 52 DVD rental card the other day!

------------------

Ken B.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by *********:
Anybody have a good experience to report here?
I picked up my box from John at the San Mateo store on Saturday. I can confirm that John is a real person, really is busy, and the DST-3000 really is new-in-box. $449 is apparently the regular everyday price at VO.

As of Saturday, they were out of stock (surprise!). They expect more within a week.

- Fred

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Is the San Mateo store offering $20 off because of a wait list? (sold out saturday)

------------------
Mitsubishi WS-55805

2 RCA DRD515RB

Pioneer VSX-D608

Pioneer DV-C302D

Technics SA-DX940

Sony Playstation 2
s>

·
Registered
151 Posts
I purchased the DST-3000 from the Tacoma, WA store from Mike (253-671-0737). I paid $469 including shipping. The only problem I had was shipping took a while - they claim it was because my License # wasn't on my check, but no one ever called to tell me that. It took 11 business days from the time I mailed the check to receipt of the receiver. And it did come in a sealed Toshiba box (with component cables to boot!).

I am happy with the performance of the DST-3000, although I have only used it for OTA so far. (I have yet to have an elliptical dish installed) According to the manual, you cannot receive the program guide if there is no dish installed, even OTA. So I have yet to see the guide work either.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hi Guys,

just wanted to clear up what store took the CC over the phone. i called and spoke with Dexter Dawson he said they had several in stock but i had to send them a money order. please let me know.

thanks

carlos

p.s. i just spoke with John Holmes and he did take my cc and said if anyone needs to reach him to order his personal number is (510)388-7016 on 12hrs a day.

------------------

"He who dies with the most toys wins". unless its home theater we die broke!!! Let The Games Begin http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by THECLOSER (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
739 Posts
hey guys if your going to buy a unit now is the time John at Video Only just got his shipment and theres only a few left as we speak. mine is being shipped tomorrow hopefully next day ups or fed-ex. so act quick. John is a real pleasure to deal with knows what he is doing, don't speak to anyone else but him because the other folks in the store don't have a clue.

good luck

carlos

------------------

"He who dies with the most toys wins". unless its home theater we die broke!!! Let The Games Begin

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Good experience to report

OK, I ordered mine last Thursday, and it took about a week to arrive. It is in fact a new unit in its box, and works flawlessly. I ordered from John at the San Mateo Store, and the transaction was flawless. For those of you thinking about upgrading to HD, do it, its unreal!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.