AVS Forum banner

3141 - 3160 of 4726 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansangb /forum/post/12900219

Then "VER UP" came on on the LED, but it's not flashing. I'll wait about 40 min then power it down.

When you hit OK on the remote, the player will return to setup mode.... in case you didn't know.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't understand what the Frame Rate option does, is there any documentatin on that?

Like iblumberr says, shouldnt "Auto" diplay at 1080/60 or 1080/24 depending on content, and also make Menu's work on SD movies?

If your display requires forced 1080/24, does that mean you set Frame rate to "1080/24" and then it will not set frame rate based on content?

·
Registered
159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdross /forum/post/12890236

Hi,

Sorry to ask such a lame question in this thread, but I just picked up an open box HD-XA2 and it did not have a remote control. Any idea where to get one that won't cost the $127 the Toshiba parts distributors are asking? Thanks for any help you can offer.

I'd simply buy the $49 Radio Shack Universal and put the program code into it.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill /forum/post/12907055

Hey guys -- I am an A2 owner lusting for an XA2. There are lots of good deals out there on A3s and A30s -- but I can't seem to find any good deals on XA2s. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

The posters on this thread seem to be keeping a good eye on your question, including other issues as well:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=936317

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
i know it has been answered here before but has anyone gone from a a20 to the xa2 and notices a difference in quality with SD dvds?

·
Registered
128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan webster /forum/post/12910172

i know it has been answered here before but has anyone gone from a a20 to the xa2 and notices a difference in quality with SD dvds?

I have used the A2 (not the A20) and the XA2 with the same system and discs and found the A2 to have better upconversion to 720p than the Oppo 981 and the XA2 to be even better than the A2.

John

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase /forum/post/12904265

When you hit OK on the remote, the player will return to setup mode.... in case you didn't know.

I tried it later on yesterday and it upgraded just fine. For me, hitting OK/ENTER didn't do anything for me. I had to just power it off. The key point being that - earlier when it didn't work - it didn't *flash* VerUP like when it does the actual update.

·
Registered
168 Posts
wow, finally pulled the trigger and got an xa2, it does a much better job upconverting sd dvds than my 360 hd dvd add on and the a30 i returned last week. it's really outstanding on my pt-ax200, better than i was expecting. unfortunately i've had it on an hour with seveal hd and sd dvds and its already frozen on me once and the backlight on the remote doesn't work. it doesn't have the latest firmware yet, so hopefully that will fix it, and i guess i'll have to ask for a new remote

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch2099 /forum/post/12914180

wow, finally pulled the trigger and got an xa2, it does a much better job upconverting sd dvds than my 360 hd dvd add on and the a30 i returned last week. it's really outstanding on my pt-ax200, better than i was expecting. unfortunately i've had it on an hour with seveal hd and sd dvds and its already frozen on me once and the backlight on the remote doesn't work. it doesn't have the latest firmware yet, so hopefully that will fix it, and i guess i'll have to ask for a new remote

Try holding the backlight button down for 10 sec. or so, then the backlight should work whenever you press any button. Try updating to the new firmware 2.8 before you decide. Re-initialize after and then play discs. I haven't had any problem playing any discs even combo (I had to intialize after the 2.7 update as I had a problem with 1 combo which then played without problem after initalizing).

·
Registered
617 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch2099 /forum/post/12914180

Just got an XA2 refurbished from Overstock....also noticed the incredible upscaling of the player on SD. My player played all discs I tried just fine, even the Children of Men HD combo, which I would say is king of problem discs. Very happy with purchase so far! I also noticed the lack of backlighting on remote and was worried til I held it down for a few seconds. Worked like a charm after that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just received mine as well.

Next is to update the firmware..

·
Registered
101 Posts
I updated the firmware.

How do you bring up the specs in order to know what version is installed on the unit?

Thanks,

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
The setup menu.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hello I was using Xa2 in 2 channel analog R-L output for about a couple of weeks while I was changing SSP's and now none of my digital outputs are working. Can anyone please help me diagnose this problem. It was working prior to the change.

Thanks,

Joey

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vksf01 /forum/post/12891253

you did know that you had to hold down the backlight button on the remote to toggle it on/off, didn't you? this caught me out as well!

Now that is much better, thanks, I can now decrease my dose of high blood pressure medicine

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does anyone have a Integra DTC 9.8 and an X2? What settings do I need to setup to get my DTC 9.8 to out Tru-HD and other HD only sound?

Thanks all

·
Registered
128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsupratt /forum/post/12941080

Does anyone have a Integra DTC 9.8 and an X2? What settings do I need to setup to get my DTC 9.8 to out Tru-HD and other HD only sound?

Thanks all

In the XA2 set:

Digital Out SPDIF --> Bitstream

Didgital Out HDMI -->Auto

Digital Direct Audio Mode --> On

Dynamic Range Control --> Off

Speaker Setting --> 5.1ch

These settings will allow you to send all high rez audio in bitstream to the Integra DTC-9.8, which can fully decode all 4 formats. I set the XA2 to put out 1080p/24 and check film mode as this provides the best image in films for S-DVD and HD-DVD. I have the 9.8 set to "through". One thing you need to be sure is that occasionally, the power-up sequence will be off and you will get "no signal" on 9.8. Turn the 9.8 off, wait a minute, then turn it back on and it will pick up the signal. Check the input signal on the TV/projector and be sure it is 1080p/24 because the XA2 can sometimes revert to 1080i/60 when it does not see a compatible device downstream. Just go into setup menu in XA2 and toggle the resolution to 720p then back to 1080p/24 and you should all be set. Would not upgrade to FW 2.8 on XA2 as many people have had problems so far.

John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can anyone tell me where to find the .mxf or .mxd file for a URC MX-700. I just purchased a demo XA2 without remote and need these files. I have searched the forum and also remote central and so far no luck.

Thanks for your help in advance.

3141 - 3160 of 4726 Posts