AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toshiba SD3750 that had recently started to experience audio dropouts on the 'center channel'. It seems to be sporadic and only when doing DD5.1. It does not happen with DPL nor have I noticed it with DTS. So... I do not suspect my receiver.

I have seen other posts with the 3750 'locking up' with video and was wondering if anyone has experienced this with audio.

Of course... the 90 warranty has expired by 30 days, so I looking for suggestions before I take it in for 'repair' since I would still have to pay for labor, which will probably wind up being as much as I paid for the danged thing!! :mad:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hmmm... might it be the audio cable from 3750 to receiver? Not sure if the 3750 has both coax and optical, but whichever one you're using, you might want to try the other one, or try a different cable on the same type as well.

I have a 4700 (same as 3750 plus DVD-Audio) and haven't had any dropout problems.

Doesn't sound like the 3750 is having a problem if DTS is still fine.

·
Registered
22,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup!! Tried both new cable and coax/optical..... 'dame sifference'!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Maybe there is a problem with the DVD itself, unless you experience the same problem with several different DVDs.

--Randy Schissler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.