AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my e* dish 6000 receiver installed and so i'm watching a 1080i image for the first time on my toshiba tw40x81. i noticed a couple of things that make me think i need to spend some time tweaking in the service menu:

1. when watching 4x3 material (being output by my e* 6000 with side bars), the image isn't centered. it's as though the entire image is shifted to the right. the black space to the left of the image is fully twice the size of the black space to the right of the image. i only see this when the 6000 is outputting in HD mode. i can't tell whether the entire image is shifted while watching 16x9 material. it fills the screen, but i'm not sure if there's a lot of overscan. is this an adjustment that needs to be made to the model 6000 receiver or is it a tv adjustment?

2. when i enter the service mode convergence while the 1080i input is selected, the convergence grids "flicker".. a LOT. i don't see this if i switch inputs to the NTSC inputs or the 480p input from my toshiba 6200. is this normal for 1080i signals?

(cross-posted from "CRT Projectors"; i'm hoping someone here has seen this or can help; please reply in that thread: http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/006699.html )

thx,

--jay

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP and Boycott JVC!

[This message has been edited by js (edited 04-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by js (edited 04-10-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.