AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a small 20" tv for my old game systems with S-video outputs such as Super Nes, N64, and PS1. Which do you think is better, the Toshiba or the Sony. I can get either on Craigslist for about $50-75. At first I was going to go for the Sony, but they seem to sell out real quick and the drive is much longer to get them. One thing I was concerned about the Toshiba was that it may have lower horizontal resolution @ around 350 lines of horizontal resolution(467x480) where as the Sony may have over 500 lines of horizontal resoution(668x480). I seem to remember reading the specs for the Toshiba on the BB website several years ago and remember it having only 350 lines of horizontal resolution, while I know a Sony KV-20V80 from 1998 in my bedroom has 500+ lines of horizontal resolution as confirmed by the 200TVL Horizontal Resolution Wedge test pattern.

The resolution wouldn't really matter for games that much as none of the are really high resolution, but if I hook up a DVD player through the colorstream input 540 lines of horizontal resolution or more would be ideal.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had a 27inch Sony wega 27fs100L ( forget the exact model number) and it was great for gaming, especially since the smaller Sony wega have component inputs. I can't comment on the Toshiba since i never had one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts