AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, bought the Toshiba 20HLV15 for $800 at Costco over the weekend . The tv is a great little size for the bedroom and the picture is excellent. The tuner is slow as molasas. Well, yesterday morning, the ntsc tuner went bad. The internal DVD player works and I ran a stb via component video and that works. Just the tuner. When I unplug the rf cable, it goes to static. When I plug it back in, it gives what appear to a black/gray blank screen. It's getting a signal, it just isn't returning a value. No audio, no video. I was planning on hooking up a stb to it but I'm not paying $8/month (Comcast) for a box I only use maybe 1hr/ day. Not worth it to me. Well, it's going back tonight and I don't know that I want the same set now.

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_R
Well, bought the Toshiba 20HLV15 for $800 at Costco over the weekend . The tv is a great little size for the bedroom and the picture is excellent. The tuner is slow as molasas. Well, yesterday morning, the ntsc tuner went bad. The internal DVD player works and I ran a stb via component video and that works. Just the tuner. When I unplug the rf cable, it goes to static. When I plug it back in, it gives what appear to a black/gray blank screen. It's getting a signal, it just isn't returning a value. No audio, no video. I was planning on hooking up a stb to it but I'm not paying $8/month (Comcast) for a box I only use maybe 1hr/ day. Not worth it to me. Well, it's going back tonight and I don't know that I want the same set now.
This Toshiba 20HLV15 LCD TV is not made by Toshiba. It is made by Orion in Thailand, the maker of the low-cost Broksonic, Durabrand, some Insignia, Memorex, Orion, and Sansui brands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.