AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recent issue of SGHT was highly critical of the off axis viewing of the Toshiba 25oo portable dvd player, suggesting that it was strictly a one person machine.

I know that several avscience members have this unit.

How difficult/annoying/impossible is it for 2 people to enjoy a movie with it?

I will be purchasing a portable player within a few weeks, and I know that the Samsung 200 has excellent off axis viewing but not as sharp a picture as the Toshiba 2500.

Thanks.

Shelly

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Hello Shelly,

I have the SD-P2000 (prior model) and I believe it has the same 1200x600 pixel screen as the SD-P2500. The viewing angle isn't particularly good. If you are both real close to the player (18" or less), the viewing angle will likely be a problem and the picture will wash out quite a bit during dark scenes. If both of your heads are farther away, the viewing angle may not so much of a problem but the picture is going to be small.

In any event, the vertical angle is really critical. The Horizontal angle is a bit more forgiving.

If the otherwise fine Toshiba SD-P2000 and SD-P2500 players have an "Achilles heel", the viewing angle is it. These players really need to be seen "head on".

If viewing angle is a critical necessity and the price not a huge factor, the Panasonic LX-9 may be worth a look.

Best regards,

Paul Bigelow

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.