AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering purchasing a toshiba direct view. Does anyone here know if the DVI input on the above sets have HDCP copy protection? I've been told that not all TV sets with DVI inputs have HDCP built in...

I looked through Toshiba web site, but they do not specify whether the DVI does or does not have HDCP.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
It does have HDCP, I am looking at the same sets you are.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got the 34 inch and although I don't have HD yet (getting it tomorrow), I am loving it. DVDs look great on it and Toshiba's stretch mode does an excellent job on 4:3 material. I had a 27" tv before this, so the 34" seems like a nice upgrade in size, esp. when watching 4:3 in stretch mode.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Congratulations on your upgrade kmadel. You upgraded exactly as I did a couple years ago - I had used a Sony 27" analog set for years and upgraded to the Toshiba 34HF81 34" 16:9 HDTV set at the same 6-7 foot viewing distance. They have about the same viewable picture height but wider view - perfect. I agree the Toshiba's TW1 stretch mode is excellent, I use it for all 4:3 viewing, never the pillar-box mode with gray sidebars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.