AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the site and need some input on the Philips vrs the Toshiba.

Looks like the Tosh has a better labor warranty right off the get go, 1yr and Phil is 90 days. How do some of the other spec's compare? Sometimes comparing spec to spec gets a little confusing.

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
That is a model of Philips I have not seen before. Where did you see this or can buy it from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oryan, Sears has them. 30" widescreen HDTV monitor w/ double window two tuner PIP and more . Philips website has manuals and spec sheets.

Mike

·
Registered
757 Posts
Well, according to the Sears website, the Philips has one more component video input, and the Toshiba has two more composite video inputs as well as one more s-video input.

The Philips is "Energy Star" compliant.

I have the 30HF83. Never seen the Philips. Is it a newer model?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ricky, Sears has the Philips on display and I don't know when it came out.

The Energy Star compliant rating, is it a big deal or did toshiba just forget to list it?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Energy Star Compliant basically just means that the set has some sort of a "Stand By" mode where it consumes less than X amount of power (don't remember how much, but I think it is a single digit wattage ? ). Don't quote me on this, but I remember reading the compliance requirements for it once and that's basically what it was. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Toshiba told me the 30HF83 has the Energy Star rating and it was typo on the spec sheet on their web site. I ordered the Toshiba over the Philips.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.