AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have noticed recently that my Toshiba 30HF84 has some problems

1. I believe the picture is zoomed in a bit. When I view ESPNHD or something similar, parts of the screen are cut off. For example, the side bars that espn puts up are cut of a little bit. Or on one of the local channels in HD the logo down in the corner is cut off some as well.

2. Recently, the sound and picture are out of sync. This doesnt always happen, and its never off by much, but just a little. Im using a motorola dvr cable box from insight. Restarting the tv and cable box sometimes fixes the problem, other times it doesnt.

Is there anything I can do to help these?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
836 Posts
1. Research the service menu in the Toshiba CRT thread or PM me for detailed instructions.

2. It's the box's fault. Replace it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the guy is coming tomorrow morning to replace my cable box. So we'll see how that goes.

Here is a little bit of new information.

I think the audio is only out of sync when Im using digital audio through my Sony HT-DDW700 receiver.

When I watch a DVD i use coax audio and my cable is through optical. This is when things are out of sync.

However, if I switch the receiver over to analog audio it seems to be perfectly in sync.

So, it must be my receiver. I got it last june and it says it is still under a 2 year warranty.

Thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.