AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get zero picture and zero power and no lights at all on tv. I've been searching and reading all about these problems and it seems they are common. I replaced the fuse but that did not solve problem. I would guess next would be to replace the power board entirely?

I've also seen people replacing the capacitors. How do I determine if its the capacitors or entire board?

When people talk about replacing the capacitors they also have a blinking light but no picture. I have no blinking lights or a picture.

Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
When off (e.g. standby), the power supply should still produce a low voltage (powers LED light and enables remote/manual turn on control signal to main board) which then turns on all the power supply voltages (e.g. to the rest of the main board, TCON, inverters etc.).

So the first thing check was the primary fuse (actually the fuse could have been checked w/o replacement w/ a multimeter).

Bad electrolytic capacitors sometimes show a bulge at the top, or leakage, but not always.

While replacement of the power supply board may correct the problem, no guarantee.

At this point, you need to have an electronics background and at least a multimeter to diagnose the problem further.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts