AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to puchase a new 32hfx71 for $795.00 (US). Besides the threads I have found concerning some geometry problems, does anyone have any advice or warnings ? It seems to be a great price to enter the hdtv world.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
That sounds like 6th Ave. Electronics -- that's where I got my 32HFX71 for the same price three months ago. It is a great set for the price. Buy it now!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly- they said they have 1 left. I looked at the 32hfx72 and the only difference I could find was the adjustable Velocity Scan Modulation feature. Nice to have but I understand that the movie preference setting also shuts it off. One thing I was not impressed withwas the sound. Even with all the bass controls set to maximum, the sound is very tinny. I listen to movies thru my home theater rig, but late nite tv viewing is done with the tv speakers. Do you have the same problem ? Thanks,BMAG

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I think it sounds good enough. I bought mine as an emergency replacement on Superbowl Sunday while my Tosh 43H70 was in the repair shop. Once the RPTV came home I moved the 32HFX71 out of the HT and up to the bedroom, so it isn't really used for any critical viewing/listening. With a Comcast HDTV source the picture is stunning, and even plain old SDTV looks great. I have no complaints.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.