Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! This is my first post.

I'm looking for advice regarding an HDTV set. I'm currently in the market for a direct view 4:3 HDTV set. I've been looking at the Panasonic Tau and the Sony Wega.

The Toshiba 32HFX71 has recently been recommended to me. I've been looking around but can't find it in a show room, event though the set is available (~ $2,200 CDN).

Has anyone seen this set? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any help,

morden

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The 32" and 36" Toshiba HD sets are shipping late this month, so they aren't actually available yet. I had the exact dates written down somewhere, but I can't find it right now. IIRC, the 36" was to ship 3rd week of October and the 32" the last week of October/first week of November.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I checked Toshiba's web site. Their 36" (4 x 3) & 34" (16 x 9) are HD compatible. Their 32" is not.

·
Registered
807 Posts
The 32HFX71 is HD compatible, here's the link: http://www.toshiba.com/tacp/tv/32HFX71.html

At least the 36" (36HFX71) version is out in the US. I've seen it in a couple of places and got the opportunity to play with one of them for a few minutes. The display set had much the same geometry problems as I've seen on the Wega and Tau flatscreen sets. However, the manual compression for DVD's and 1080i seemed to work pretty well. You just hit the picture size button on the remote control and select the aspect ratio you want.

I don't really have any input on picture quality, but the DVD quality with Bug's Life looked pretty good at first glance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyG
The 32" and 36" Toshiba HD sets are shipping late this month, so they aren't actually available yet. I had the exact dates written down somewhere, but I can't find it right now. IIRC, the 36" was to ship 3rd week of October and the 32" the last week of October/first week of November.
Johnny,

Have you seen the new sets yet? Any opinions?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.