AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought Toshiba 32HFX73 a few months ago, and up til now had only used ANT1 conneciton to view cable TV. Since have gotten HDTV from Comcast, as well as new Yamaha DVD player with component video.

Tried connecting new cable box via DVI-D, ColorStream 1 (component video), and ColorStream 2 (component video) but all three produced image that was stretched, cropped, and only occupied the right half of the screen, leaving the left black. Tried DVD player via ColorStream 1 and 2 and same problem.

Any sugestions. Unfortunately set is now out of warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a similar 36-inch set.

Have you checked that you are not somehow locked onto one of the PIP (picture-in-picture) settings?

I almost never use the PIP feature, but do remember from earlier experimentation that one option is to have a picture-in-picture, another option is to have 9 separate screens showing, and another is to have two half-screens showing.

It sounds like your set, for some reason, has one of those two screens showing.

You might try playing with the PIP settings and see if this has any effect on the picture, if you haven't.

Also, you could call Toshiba technical service department (NOT customer service) and a technician will probably give you some advice. In past problems, I have even gotten through to a technical service manager, who was helpful. The Toshiba website or your user manual should have some starting telephone numbers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.