AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
This set's on display at my local Best Buy. Very nice PQ.

Crutchfield has the 37" as well. Looks enticing.

Give us a report after you buy it. :)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Considering where they want to head with flatpanel display technology (SED), it's not too surprising they are slowly beginning to outsource other display manufacturing. That way when their new business model is ready for prime-time they can simply stop instead of having to convert their own operations and factories.

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan
I've been anxiously waiting for the new Toshiba 32HL95 to come in-stock at Best Buy for the past few months. I will be heading over to Best Buy today and see the display. I really do hope that it's made by Toshiba, not by LG or Orion. Toshiba has a very sick habit for outsourcing lately. Only my eyes can tell. Some of the Toshiba LCD TVs are not made by Toshiba, but made either by LG or Orion for Toshiba. I hope Toshiba will not disappoint me as a customer.
Excellent, I went straight to Best Buy after I got out from work, and from what I saw at the back of the TV, the Toshiba 32HL95 is definitely made by Toshiba. It has a retail price of $2,199.99. The other Toshiba LCD TVs I saw at Best Buy are not made by Toshiba. The 14" is made by Orion (Sansui), the 15" is made by LG Electronics, the 20" is made by Orion (Sansui), and the 23" is made by LG Electronics. I'm not sure about the 27". What's interesting is that Toshiba is the only Japanese LCD TV brand so far to practice outsourcing in some of their LCD TV models.

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
I've been anxiously waiting for the new Toshiba 32HL95 to come in-stock at Best Buy for the past few months. I will be heading over to Best Buy today and see the display. I really do hope that it's made by Toshiba, not by LG or Orion. Toshiba has a very sick habit for outsourcing lately. Only my eyes can tell. Some of the Toshiba LCD TVs are not made by Toshiba, but made either by LG or Orion for Toshiba. I hope Toshiba will not disappoint me as a customer.
Excellent, I went straight to Best Buy after I got out from work, and from what I saw at the back of the TV, the Toshiba 32HL95 is definitely made by Toshiba. It has a retail price of $2,199.99. The other Toshiba LCD TVs I saw at Best Buy are not made by Toshiba. The 14" is made by Orion (Sansui), the 15" is made by LG Electronics, the 20" is made by Orion (Sansui), the 23" is made by LG Electronics, and the 27" 27HL95 is made by LG Electronics :)mad: made me forced to go with the 32" instead). What's interesting is that Toshiba is the only Japanese LCD TV brand so far to practice outsourcing for some of their LCD TV models.

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Excellent, I went straight to Best Buy after I got out from work, and from what I saw at the back of the 32HL95, it's definitely made by Toshiba as well as the 37HL95. It has a retail price of $2,199.99. The other Toshiba LCD TVs I saw at Best Buy are not made by Toshiba. The 14" is made by Orion (Sansui), the 15" is made by LG Electronics, the 20" is made by Orion (Sansui), and the 23" is made by LG Electronics, :)mad: Toshiba made me forced to go with the 27" instead, but I prefer 32"). What's interesting is that Toshiba is the only Japanese LCD TV brand so far to practice outsourcing for most of their LCD TV models.

It's absolutely rediculous on how Toshiba market their televisions :mad:. THEY MUST BE OUT OF THEIR MINDS. $1,500 is the lowest price I can get for a Toshiba-made LCD TV. Why it cannot be less than $1,000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.