AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toshiba 32L2400u (2014) or Samsung UN32EH5000 (2012)

I'm trying to figure out which to buy for 32 inch display that supports 1080p and isn't too pricey ($250-$270). Something that I could use mainly for gaming on ps4 and PC on my desk.

Any ideas? I haven't been able to find neither of them in the input lag database or anywhere else I have looked. Both seem to have good ratings though.

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
Best thing to do is go look at them depending on what panel the Sammie comes with it *may be brighter than the Toshiba .
I saw the Sammie at BB in late 2012 it was very decent one of the best 32's in the store I thought it was very good .

I believe the Toshiba is edge lit and the Sammie is rear lit sometimes edge lit panels have issues with clouding and flashlighting on dark or black screens there should be some owners threads here on both either one is probably fine .
but for PC gaming I would want a panel that can do black backgrounds without issues .

The Toshiba *may be an LGD IPS panel the Sammie ofc would be a VA panel each has advantages and disadvantages
I usually prefer VA panels on this type of TV they often have more contrast and better blacks .
Toshiba has a game mode not sure about the Sammie but PC mode might minimise input lag on th Sammie .
OTOH both should be real decent .

No VGA input on either one HDMI is better anyway,The Sammie does not have component input the Toshiba has 1 both have 2 HDMI inputs .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, I mean I really like the Sammie and I know that they are considered the "best" for gaming. I just don't know how I feel about it being 2 years older though. If there are any differences in that time frame.

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
If the Sammie is new it should be fine LCD panels are a mature technology and haven't changed much since 2012 except on the high end and 4K panels . After as little Googling it sees they are both backlight TV panels and might even both be VA panels that narrows the differences a bit I would try to get in a store and look at the Toshiba and the current 32" Samsung it probably uses the same or similar panel as the 2012 model .

I had a 2012 32" Toshiba different model though
the picture was a little more detailed (sharper) than the 2012 Samsung I looked at side by side and I bought the Toshiba it had an excellent picture . I've replaced it with a 40" Sony now though but only because I wanted a bigger screen . OTOH Sammie was no slouch and the difference was very slight .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If the Sammie is new it should be fine LCD panels are a mature technology and haven't changed much since 2012 except on the high end and 4K panels . After as little Googling it sees they are both backlight TV panels and might even both be VA panels that narrows the differences a bit I would try to get in a store and look at the Toshiba and the current 32" Samsung it probably uses the same or similar panel as the 2012 model .

I had a 2012 32" Toshiba different model though
the picture was a little more detailed (sharper) than the 2012 Samsung I looked at side by side and I bought the Toshiba it had an excellent picture . I've replaced it with a 40" Sony now though but only because I wanted a bigger screen . OTOH Sammie was no slouch and the difference was very slight .
So all in all, they are pretty much the same in a lot of categories(just different model year and a few other differences). I just wish I could find some incite of what might the input lag be on both of these TVs. I heard some say the Samsung has 23ms but haven't seen anything in the database. I'm thinking i'm going to get the Samsung at BB and just ask for a panel code/# made by Samsung (since the whole panel lottery).

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
So all in all, they are pretty much the same in a lot of categories(just different model year and a few other differences). I just wish I could find some incite of what might the input lag be on both of these TVs. I heard some say the Samsung has 23ms but haven't seen anything in the database. I'm thinking i'm going to get the Samsung at BB and just ask for a panel code/# made by Samsung (since the whole panel lottery).
Make sure you bring your own panel codes and version #'s the BB assoc. may not know what you are talking about they usually don't . If it's an AUO or Sammie panel I wouldn't sweat it .
Last time I was there to buy a set I got pissed and walked out and went home and ordered a Sony on line and I've bought like 5 sets from them .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.