AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all the posts regarding the new Tosh 34" 16 x 9. Only 1 mentioned geometric distortion (curved horizontal lines). How do you other Tosh owners feel about GD. I've had 2 Pannys (32") and the GD could not be corrected. I've seen the 34" Panny at BB (they run a proprietary feed with a light blue grid background) and it also has extensive GD. I haven't seen the Tosh yet but if the picture is reasonably un-distorted (menus, sub-titles), I'll probably go that way as all posts say the PQ is great.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a one month old 34HF81 and have not noticed any distortion. When it got in I had to adjust a few degrees of tilting. I have not done any special calibration as I have not felt the need, picture is great. I noticed the tilt when watching CNN's news banner at the bottom of the screen, I adjusted the tilt to make it go perfectly horizontally - I assume they broadcast it perfectly horizontal :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that adjustment made via an on-screen menu with the remote?

Thanks,

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've only had to correct the tilt menu too.

Toy Story on ABC last week looked awesome. I've become an HD boob tube junkie :D.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Yes, as Dewi pointed out, it is in the standard settings menu that is available from the remote. I'm not at home right now, but it is fairly visible in one of the setting menu. It must be very common to have to adjust the tilting. I wonder if their previous model had a tilting adjustment problem or they designed it like this from the beginning or they have a really good test-before-release program.

Another thing that I adjusted recently was to tone down brightness and sharpness.

In any case, I'm still very happy with this TV.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Michel,

I also ended up buying the 34HF81 and adjusted the tilt.

So far, so good - excellent picture.

Michael

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.