AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 1 month ago I purchased a Toshiba 34HF83 Television. I am very happy with the picture quality and features of this TV, but it has one annoying trait. There is a constant buzzing sound coming from the back of the TV. The buzzing starts the moment the TV is turned on and does not change or go away until the TV is turned off. The sound is not coming from the speakers and does not change when the picture, channel or input changes. This buzzing is actually only annoying when I am watching TV late at night with the volume set quite low.

I have spoken to my dealer's service department and they say a buzzing noise is normal on any large picture tube. They even sent out a tech to check out the tv. He said there was nothing that could be done about the buzzing and that is was normal.

Has anyone else with this TV noticed this sound.

Thanks,

Brad T.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I know the 30HF83 has a sub-woofer in the back. Maybe the 34HF83 does as well. Could the noise be related to this? Maybe you can get to it through the menus to "turn it off", or to disable it? I'm just guessing. There is also a "center channel" input and switch on the back of the 30HF83. Could this be related?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Its probably the power supply (or adaptor) thats buzzing. It is a somewhat common problem on many TVs, not just bigger sets. My Samsung 27" used to buzz like crazy when I first got it. Seems to have gone away on its own.

The noise is very irritating, especially at night. The tech didn't do anything?!?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just noticed a buzzing noise coming from my 34XBR910. I can't be 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure it did not make that noise up until a couple days ago. I figure it's either the power supply or the heating element. I'm going to see if it goes away eventually, but if it doesn't I'm going to have to have someone come out and take a look.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My hitachi 36udx10s buzzes also. Most common buzzing areas are the flyback transformer or the yoke. Some buzz more than others. I had a tech out and he could hardly hear it. He thought it was completely normal and said he heard tvs much louder than this. My wife doesn't hear it at all. If it really bothers you take it back, because it probably won't go away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.