AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Sears today in the Bellevue (Seattle area) area to look at the Toshiba 16:9's, and saw the 34HF83. Sitting between the SONY 510 and the Phillips (don't recall the model #) the picture was ASTOUNDING. I was watching the Sears in-store HD feed, and it looked head and shoulders above the SONY, and the Phillips just looked plain BAD. Is there another retailer in the Seattle area that has a complete line of Toshiba's for me to look at? Specifically, I want to know how this unit performs on SD Digital Cable. The did not have anything but the in store HD feed at Sear's so I want to take another look w/ SD. Also, I suspect that the settings on the nearby SONY were out of whack..because I can not believe that the picture difference was THAT dramatic...but it was.

Also, if someone can PM me the place that has the best price for the Toshiba's, I'd appreciate it :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Did you get a chance to see the 30" Toshiba model?

I would assume the "guts" of the two models are similar, save the screen size difference. If so, thats great news to hear about the outstanding picture.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Does your area of the country have a Tweeter, Circuit City, or Best Buy? Usually all 3 of those retailers carry the Toshiba directviews. I bought my Toshiba 34HF82 1rom Tweeter.

I absolutely love the picture. Even on SD, well, I only watch SD DirecTivoon it, but the picture is more than acceptable compared to a standard definition tube TV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.