AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost bought the Toshiba 3750 today at Costco when I noticed a warning on the box about its ability to play CD-R's and MP3's. (The Costco unit is labeled as a SD-K700.)

The warning noted that the player might not be able to play some MP3's and CD-R's depending on the format used or the "condition " of the disc. Is this some standard warning for DVD players or does the Toshiba has some unusual problem with these types of disks? (I currently have no MP3 or CD-R's but I expect to have this ability with my next computer.)

In addition to general comments, any input from a 3750 owner that has tried playing these formats would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just a standard warning from what I can tell.... I have the 3750 and I threw in the oldest, crappiest MP3 disc I had laying around and it played it fine.

However, it might very well be that some bitrates and or burning formats might not be supported, but I wouldn't let that deter you from buying it.... this is pretty much standard on all DVD players that play MP3s.

As an added bonus, THE VIDEO QUALITY ROCKS!

Hyperseer

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information!

That makes me feel a lot more confident in selecting this player.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.