Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm about to purchase my first DVD player and, after reading many of the recent discussions here, I think I've settled in on the Costco version of the Toshiba 3750. Costco calls this the SD-K700 and sells it for $189.99.

But I have two questions:

1) Drive mechanism noise: Are the drive mechanisms in DVD players pretty much silent? I had a terrible experience with a Toshiba VCR last year where the transport mechanism noise drove me to return it.

I would guess that they're pretty much silent (like a CD player?) but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

2) Regarding the Toshiba 3750 in particular, is the remote control well designed?

And finally, for those that might suggest other players in this price range, here's your chance to help me out!

Bob

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve,

I'm not sure. I didn't see this on the box at Costco yesterday (but I wasn't looking for it!).

I'm not familiar with this. What is 3:2 pulldown and what are the benefits of this?

(BTW, the other model that I'm considering is the Panasonic RP-56. Again, this is based on reading discussions here.)

Bob

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Burke
Does the 3750 has 3:2 pulldown? Can't tell from the Toshiba site.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Burke
Does the 3750 has 3:2 pulldown? Can't tell from the Toshiba site.
Your question was answered when you posted the same question in another thread yesterday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.