AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Toshiba 40RV525U TV will no longer turn on after our power went out in a storm the other day. We opened up the panel (it's no longer under warranty) and replaced the fuse, however the new fuse blew instantly upon being plugged in.

Could it be the power supply board that needs to be replaced? or something else?

If so, is this the correct power supply board? discounttvparts.com/75013355_p/BP-3586.htm

Or is there a better website to get parts for this TV?

Thanks in adv.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have posted detailed explanation on what goes wrong and how to deal with TV sets damaged during lightning storms, search for Extreme_Boky and lightning....

Boky

·
Registered
897 Posts
Sometimes there is a diode bridge and a Mov connected to the AC line on the set side of the fuse. I have seen this failure on a computer and a TV. The Bridge can be replaced by 4 1N4004 diodes available from Radio Shack and the MOV can be removed. You can determind the failure by using the ohmmeter setting on a VOM. If you don't know how to do this find an electronic techincian. It is too difficult to describe in this forum.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrose /forum/post/20793511

Sometimes there is a diode bridge and a Mov connected to the AC line on the set side of the fuse. I have seen this failure on a computer and a TV. The Bridge can be replaced by 4 1N4004 diodes available from Radio Shack and the MOV can be removed. You can determind the failure by using the ohmmeter setting on a VOM. If you don't know how to do this find an electronic techincian. It is too difficult to describe in this forum.

ohm

Boky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts