Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Toshiba 42H81 RPTV that I would like to occasionally hook up and play some games while the wife and kids are out and the TV is used and I can crank my subwoofer.

My main concern would be possibly doing damage to the TV since that would really be a serious problem for my wife (me too.) :8

THe system I would be using to run it is a homebuilt PC with :

Epox 8KHA+ Mobo

Gainward GeForce4 Ti4200 card.

Windows XP.

I plan to place it next to the TV and use the S-video out on my card to hook to the S-video port on the front of the TV (aka Video-3 for the TV.)

The card does have DVI output capability, but I have no idea how to hook it up. Is someone out there using this same (or very similar Toshiba) who could tell me if it would work well and if damage could be done to the TV (I will only be using it occassionally, and not leaving it turned on for long periods, etc...)

I could not find info concerning the specs for the TV (refresh rate, etc...).

TIA,

RIchard

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
First off in your using a42h81 Do you have a DVI input? Secondly several folks on this forum have said you won't damage your set if you have your brightness/contrast set to a reasonable (whatever that is) level. I fall into the why chance it category. I have the almost the same set (42h82) you do and neither Toshiba or Best Buy offer ANY kind of protection against "burn-in". Again you will find several threads on this so do your homework BEFORE you do it. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.