Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this set yet? Can't find much info anywhere. The baby Toshiba RPTV is probably the best choice for my difficult space. I like the stretch modes and tweakable aspect of the Toshiba sets, although they lack the upgrade protection of the Mits sets - the Promise module.

------------------

"Even though we think we see the world so fully, what we are receiving is really just hints, edges in space and time," Frank Werblin, professor of molecular and cell biology.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
This model should be shipping any day now, so I don't think anybody has actually seen one yet. I should be getting one in sometime late next week and I'll be doing a full calibration on it.

I'll try to respond back to this thread, but if you don't hear from me, feel free to email me at [email protected] in a couple of weeks.

Don't forget that the promise module is 'promised' to cost 'less than $1000'. $999 is my bet! That's a lot of money for an ATSC tuner, although it will probably be one of the first to be fully implemented with Firewire and HAVi.

------------------

John Golitsis

Next Big Thing Electronics

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
www.nbtelectronics.com

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, Thanks for your response. Yes, $999 seems a less rational expense for a smaller set like the Mits 46809, which is an alternate choice to the 42H81.

As someone pointed out to me in e-mail, I can purchase the 40H80 for $1499 USD from OneCall. I'd lose the the improvements in the 42H81 but might find it more palatable to retire once a new interface is required, possibly sooner than we hope.

------------------

"Even though we think we see the world so fully, what we are receiving is really just hints, edges in space and time," Frank Werblin, professor of molecular and cell biology.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.