AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you access the service menu on the 42HL167? I have seen posts regarding setting this up for the green push...(which I seem not to have December 07 build) but I was wondering how to get in there if needed to tweak something.

I am a video editor/engineer for Broadway Video in NYC, so I have an idea of what to look for, but a little help would be appreciated...thanks!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeProcopio /forum/post/12855268

how do you access the service menu on the 42HL167? I have seen posts regarding setting this up for the green push...(which I seem not to have December 07 build) but I was wondering how to get in there if needed to tweak something.

I am a video editor/engineer for Broadway Video in NYC, so I have an idea of what to look for, but a little help would be appreciated...thanks!

Don't know if its accurate now (or universal), but saved this from earlier post couple months back: (use at own risk)

Service Menu Access Procedure

To access the Toshiba service menu, press and hold the handset sound mute button whilst pressing the TV's front panel 'Menu' button (under the front panel cover on the TV). The up/down channel buttons on the handset step through the options and the left/right buttons change the data values. Turn the TV off to get out of service mode and DO NOT touch any other handset buttons whilst in service mode. Service menu access is also similar for many other Toshiba large-screen TV's so this procedure may work on other Toshiba TV's - even those sold outside the UK

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...got in and played a bit, used some settings i found which helped a lot, but gave the panel a red tint...i'll be tweaking a little more to see if i can get it perfect...like i said, being a video engineer, it will never be "perfect" to me, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts